dessert!

Options
Candice83
Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
hey anyone got any low fat low calorie dessert recipes they could share with me? sometimes after dinner i could really go a nice dessert but dont wanna go overboard on the cals.

Replies

• Candice83
    Options
    anyone?
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurts are pretty good! :love:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Mini meringue nests, a tablespoon of low fat vanilla yoghurt, 5 raspberries (I use frozen) and half a passion fruit... About 40 calories depending on your brands. If I want indulgence, I swap yoghurt for icecream.... About 5 extra calories.... Sometimes I have 2!!!!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    B&J's Frozen Yoghurts :D

I love those. Sadly I have only ever seen Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I would like for them to make a Baked Alaska version.
    The problem with these is that they are quite high in sugar.

I have another suggestion, I've never tried it myself, but you could try a 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt. It only has 4g sugar per 100g. Try adding some whey protein of a certain flavor. That's what I was thinking of doing, getting a tub of protein powder and using it in soya milk, Greek yoghurts, etc. Might get the Chocolate version.
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    Strawberries and nutella. Yum yum yum.
  • Candice83
    Options
    Mini meringue nests, a tablespoon of low fat vanilla yoghurt, 5 raspberries (I use frozen) and half a passion fruit... About 40 calories depending on your brands. If I want indulgence, I swap yoghurt for icecream.... About 5 extra calories.... Sometimes I have 2!!!!

amazing idea! yum!!
  • Candice83
    Options
    Strawberries and nutella. Yum yum yum.

ohhh yummm. i cant have nutella in my house though... because i cant help myself and will eat he entire jar by the spoonful haha
  • Candice83
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurts are pretty good! :love:

we dont get ben and jerrys here unfortunately... but i might look into some others
  • TJBFITNESS
    Options
    My kids love this ... 1 Box of Sugar Free Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury Devils Food) and 1 can of Room Temp Diet Soda ( I use Diet Black Cherry Kroger Brand). Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl and slowly pour the soda in and mix until well blended and
    bake as usual. You don't need to add oil eggs or water, just the cake mix and soda. I make cupcakes so that portion control is easier for us. Sometimes we like to use the Sugar Free Whipped Topping, but most of the time we eat them naked.

I also bake Sugar Free Cake mix or the Low Fat Brownie mix with one 15oz can of pumpkin. Just put the cake mix and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and whip it very good and bake!!! I use the Yellow cake when I'm in the mood for pumpkin bread. I add a little cinnamon and vanilla extract to to mix. When I am having a chocolate craving I use the Devils Food or the Brownie mix. The Brownie mix is more dense, almost like fudge.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    hey anyone got any low fat low calorie dessert recipes they could share with me? sometimes after dinner i could really go a nice dessert but dont wanna go overboard on the cals.

Oatmeal Cookies (Clean Eating Magazine)

Nonstick cooking spray
    1/2 canola oil
    1/3 cup plus 2T. sucanat
    1 egg white
    3/4 tsp. vanilla
    3 T. water
    2 cups old fashioned oatmeal Quaker oatmeal (large flakes)
    2/3 cup whole wheat flour
    1/4 tsp. sea salt
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    2/3 cup raisins
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray (I did not grease mine). In a bowl hand mix oil and sucanat. Add egg whites, vanilla and water, mix well. Add oats, flour, salt, baking soda, raisins and cinnamon, and mix until just blended to retain the texture of the oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls on baking sheets and bake for 10-15 or until bottoms are lightly browned. Sometimes I add chopped dark chocolate (70% cocoa)

Per cookie
    Calories-70
    Total fat- 3.5 grams
    Carbs-9 grams
    Protein-1 gram
    Fiber-1 gram
    Sugars-4 grams
  • Candice83
    Options
    My kids love this ... 1 Box of Sugar Free Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury Devils Food) and 1 can of Room Temp Diet Soda ( I use Diet Black Cherry Kroger Brand). Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl and slowly pour the soda in and mix until well blended and
    bake as usual. You don't need to add oil eggs or water, just the cake mix and soda. I make cupcakes so that portion control is easier for us. Sometimes we like to use the Sugar Free Whipped Topping, but most of the time we eat them naked.

I also bake Sugar Free Cake mix or the Low Fat Brownie mix with one 15oz can of pumpkin. Just put the cake mix and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and whip it very good and bake!!! I use the Yellow cake when I'm in the mood for pumpkin bread. I add a little cinnamon and vanilla extract to to mix. When I am having a chocolate craving I use the Devils Food or the Brownie mix. The Brownie mix is more dense, almost like fudge.

when you say a can of pumpkin do you mean like condensed pumpkin soup?... thats the only kind of canned pumpkin we have here
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    backwards-cake-desserts-girl-stressed-Favim.com-270199.jpg
  • nurseamysweeney
    Options
    I have angelfood cake, with frozen berries (melted in the mircowave) with some cool whip, or for my chocolate indulgences I use chocolate vita top muffine tops, with chocolate Jello sugar free pudding and cool whip!! Also Chapmans Frozen Yogurt is really quite nice too!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    join the protein fluff group
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a jello temptations pudding w light whip Ora couple of squares of the special dark chocolate hersheys
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options

when you say a can of pumpkin do you mean like condensed pumpkin soup?... thats the only kind of canned pumpkin we have here
    [/quoteIll have to try this Im getting my granddaughter today for the night and she wants to make cup cakes Thanks so much
  • isabellatheo32
    Options
    no pudge fudge brownie in 1 minute!! low fat, low cal, even some fibre. single serving for when you don't want a whole batch to tempt you!
    no pudge fudge brownie in 1 minute!! low fat, low cal, even some fibre. single serving for when you don't want a whole batch to tempt you!

Minutes to Prepare: 2
    Minutes to Cook: 1
    Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients
    1 TBSP whole wheat flour
    1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
    1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
    a pinch of baking soda
    a pinch of salt
    1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture

Directions
    mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for just over a minute, enjoy :)

92.5 cals
    1.4 fat
    224 sodium
    22 carbs
    2.6 fibre
    2.7 protien
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    as you can see I dont know how to use the quote thing very well LOL:laugh:
  • isabellatheo32
    Options
    Scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cottage Cheese
    Submitted by: EAGLES17

Yes- that says "scrumptious" and "cottage cheese" together. A protein packed, super easy, yet savory snack that will leave you wanting more (at least that's what it did to me)! I'll admit, I was doubtful at first when I found it on 'The Cottage Cheese Page,' but TRY IT, it's well worth it!
    Yes- that says "scrumptious" and "cottage cheese" together. A protein packed, super easy, yet savory snack that will leave you wanting more (at least that's what it did to me)! I'll admit, I was doubtful at first when I found it on 'The Cottage Cheese Page,' but TRY IT, it's well worth it!

Minutes to Prepare: 1
    Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients
    1/2 c. nonfat cottage cheese
    1-2 tsp. peanut butter
    1 tsp. cocoa powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 packet Splenda

Directions
    *Makes 1 serving, although you'll want 2!*

1. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, and stir until well combined.
    2. If you prefer it warm, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. If not, dig in!

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 150.3
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 8.2 mg
    Sodium: 40.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 5.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 21.9 g
  • kah53
    kah53 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have used the pumpkin with cake mixes and it does well. It is just canned pumpkin but sometimes it is hard to find. it is plentiful around Thanksgiving/Christmas. You might find a store that carries it year round.