Are theese healthy goals? Please help!

Options
Im 18 yr old female, 114 lbs, 5'4", trying to loose fat on stomach
1200 calories seemed too few so i changed it to 1300 and changed percenteges: carbs - 30%, fats - 20%, protein - 50 %
Is that healthy? Am i going to loose fat? Im working out 5 days/week, exept for next 2 weeks

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    You seem a little on the smaller side and it seems more that you are intrested in toneing more than anything else. I would say search the threads about women lifing heavy. These are some very foxy looking ladies with nice tummies. Check it out and maybe talk to one of them.
  • AlterJ
    AlterJ Posts: 21
    Options
    But my muscles are toned? Theres just fat on top
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Well then I would think based on your height and current weight that these are ok goals. My only suggestion is that I am assuming you are only trying to lose a few pounds that since you are already at your bodies low weight end it will be very hard to lose a lot of weight really fast. I would say set your goals for 0.5lbs lose a week and not 2 lbs lose. I still reccomend looking into the threads of the women who heavy lift it might allow you to reach what you are trying to do.
  • AlterJ
    AlterJ Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you, i will try that, although im quickly loosing motivation b/c i dont unrerstand all those things )
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would talk with a trainer. There are members here who are trainers if you can't afford your own. Trainers would know what you can do to shape up a particular area on your body.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That's really small for 5'4, so like other poster said, I would definitely look at other members who have toned tummies to see what they did cuz it doesn't seem like you need to lose weight
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Oh please don't lose motivation. I really want to help and was not trying to over whelm you.
    Our bodies have a natural range that our weight falls in. We use height charts to gage these things. Based on our height and body frame we should fall into a certain range--for 5'4 the recommandations are generally around 114-151. Now these can vary slightly depending on the charts that you look up but this is one that I just randomly picked off the internet.

MFP sets an arbitray goal based on your height, goal weight, how much you want to lose a week and your activity level. For those people looking to lose large amonts of weight say 70+ a goal of losing 2 lbs a week is a good goal. But for you only to looking to lose 5lbs it will be very hard for you to lose 2 lbs a week because your body is already at the low end of what is reccomended for your height. that is why I suggested that you put your goal lose a week to be 0.5 lbs instead of 2 lbs.

Now if you are really looking at your tummy that has a bit of a muffin top please consider looking at this group's page and talking to some woman there. Because believe it or not if you were to lift heavy I bet you could put on 5 lbs and look even skinner if you tried lifting heavy. They explain what it means there and I have included the link. Please feel free to friend me or message me if I can help at all. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I would try interval training and crunches, core work and planks to tone your midsection. Superman exercises to tone your back are good too. Like the other posters said, sounds like you're at a healthy weight and don't need to lose much, if any, but if you want to tone your abs/stomach, try these Pilates moves!
    Or take a Pilates class a few times per week. You'll see results, pretty much guaranteed.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    But my muscles are toned? Theres just fat on top

How do you know if your muscles are toned if there's fat on top? You are pretty small already so it's probably the right time to focusing on toning and strength than weight loss. As your muscles are stronger they will burn more fat.
  • Heidi777
    Heidi777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try doing 200ab crunches each day, I think you will see major results. I use a ball but you can do these on your back also. Make sure to center and side abs. Good luck!
  • Heidi777
    Heidi777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try doing 200ab crunches each day, I think you will see major results. I use a ball but you can do these on your back also. Make sure to center and side abs. Good luck!