2»

Replies

• minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    lipton diet green tea
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I like water with lemon, or sugar free lemonaid (I sweeten it with Splenda.) Also iced tea sweetened with Splenda OR my favorite...sugar free raspberry syrup (which I buy at World Market.) I also get the low Propel water enhancers or Mio. Walmart, of all places, makes great Sparkling Lemonaids that have no calories (Strawberry Lemonaid and Cherry Limeade are my favorites.) I also like water infused with lime and/or cucumber...all you do is slice the lime or cucumber paper thin (best to use a mandolin slicer) and place them in water. I'll make a pitcher and it will last 2 days. Hope this helps!
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hot herbal teas?

^^ This ^^

Was going to suggest this
  • kbuckle86
    kbuckle86 Posts: 15
    Options
    Why not try putting lemon or limes in your water. I put frozen blueberries in my water and it is so good
  • revren10
    revren10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hard cider
  • cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink the hell out of Arizona Diet Green Tea....no calories and its delish. I'm also currently addicted to the Mio water flavorers....they have tons of flavors and you can put as much or as little as you want in your water.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    most of your powdered light drink mixes have no calories - just do overdo them...too much bad chemicals can be harmful also!!

personally, i go for walmart's versions of crystal light's lemonade and iced tea. I mix according to directions, pour a half a glass at a time and cut that with water to fill the glass

just enough taste to not be water, and as few chemicals as I can possibly put into myself and not have to drink plain old boring water (which I do plenty of also)

If you're going to sip, add flavor. If you're going to chug it, might as well be nice cold plain water - you don't taste it anyway!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I drink teas of all kinds. I like low sodium V-8 juice. Low cal with vitamins! Skim milk. Thats about it.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Red wine or Jack Daniels would be my preference. :drinker:
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I make green tea with orange slices and cinnamon. I use 4 tea bags with 2 quarts of hot water, 1 sliced orange, and a teaspoon of cinnamon. I let it steep for 30-45 minutes and then chill it in 1 quart bottles. It's a nice break from water and crystal light, the orange adds a lot of flavor, and cinnamon is supposed to help regulate blood sugar.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Powerade Zero
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Drink mixes that you mix into water.. A lot of drink mixes are made with aspartame which I can't have, but there are some without. Target has some great all natural ones made by Archer Farms. Walmart has some made with stevia. There's still a few calories but not a ton. :)
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like Vitamin Water Zero. No calories and lots of vitamins.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Another vote for coconut water! It's low in cals and has many health benefits in addition to being a great after workout drink. I drink it even on days that I don't workout. Just make sure to check the ingredients that it's 100% coconut water, nothing else, no added sugar, flavors, etc.
  • gettingoldblows
    gettingoldblows Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow--I had no idea there were so many great options out there! When I started w/ MFP, my liquid pantry consisted of Pellegrino, Ketel One, and tonic. (Well, there might have been a FEW more items, but not much.) Coconut water? Never head of the stuff but I will certainly check it out. The tea recipes--oooh, some of those sound delish! And I totally forgot about Crystal Light--that stuff is still around? I used to drink that decades ago.

I cannot thank you all enough for all of your suggestions--they are a HUGE help.