Fear of the scale?

Options
I need to weigh. I know where I started, but haven't weighed (or measured).....skeerd! I've been run/walking with my local group since July. Fell off the wagon in Jan....but I'm back on for the last week or so.

Is that silly or what?!

Anyone else?

Replies

• aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First of all I think it is normal to be a little apprehensive.

Silly- yea that too.

Come on its just a number and it doesn't define you. Just get on that scale and say to yourself " I am beautiful and I will beat you!"
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    First of all I think it is normal to be a little apprehensive.

Silly- yea that too.

Come on its just a number and it doesn't define you. Just get on that scale and say to yourself " I am beautiful and I will beat you!"

^^This^^:flowerforyou:
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I get you, its silly and irrational, but yes I'm afraid to weigh myself! Afraid that I've hit another plateau and haven't lost anything this week. I'm waiting until Monday. :)

That said, I'm feeling great, eating better, more fit. All good things.
  • SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Probably more because I've never been successful at "dieting"......which is all I did. I didn't MOVE! DUH!

Color me a slow learner!
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    In this area I was not the sharpest crayon in the box either! :sad:
  • hippychickuk
    Options
    I get you, its silly and irrational, but yes I'm afraid to weigh myself! Afraid that I've hit another plateau and haven't lost anything this week. I'm waiting until Monday. :)

That said, I'm feeling great, eating better, more fit. All good things.

Sandi -- I went for it and weighed myself this morning. I did good! So go for it!! Good luck! :smile:
  • SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did it! (well I also joined a gym, so they weighed me!) I've lost/kept off 9 lbs since July....through two porker holidays! So that's a good thing...I"m back on my bandwagon with the run/walk method. Added weights and even stationary bike. (Run/walking at the gym when the wind/cold is just too much for wimpy me! )

So there ya go!
    Thanks for the push!
  • hippychickuk
    Options
    Yay! gonna send you a friend request! :)