What do you eat?

Options
I've noticed that out of the few food diaries I've viewed, some people hardly eat anything all day long. A low number foods with higher calories. I feel like I eat a ton of veggies and fruits all day and stay within my allowancee. What do you eat? Of those of you that eat few foods, how is your weight loss? Those of you that fill up, how about you? I feel like my loss is so slow, maybe I should eat more calorie dense foods?

Replies

• dawnh1968
    dawnh1968 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I find that I eat quite a small amount during day - 2 weetabix with milk for breakfast and one small salad roll for lunch, but have a lot of calories for my evening meal and always leave some for evening munchies.
    It works best for me that way as I always find evenings difficult if I am out of calories that day.

I work during day and find I dont get too hungry on the small amount I eat as long as I drink plenty.

Its working for me so far - 8lbs down (but many more to go!)

Dawn :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I usually skip breakfast and accrue most of my calories between lunch and dinner. I eat well 80% of the time and the other 20% whatever I feel like as long as I stay within calorie limits and have gotten in my daily essentials.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My typical weekday consists of:

60g of cereal with skimmed milk in the morning.
    A packet of crisps as a morning snack (usually cassava, but occasionally healthy potato crisps if my cassava ones aren't in stock)
    4 crackers, 5 slices of chicken/ham and 3 slices of cheese for lunch.
    Turkey spaghetti bolognese or a fillet of chicken, veg and a potato in the evening.

On average, I've lost just over 1lb a month, but on either side of a plateau/increase and ignoring weight gain from illness I'm now losing 1lb/2lbs a week - probably a 1.5lbs average.

Edit: Oh, and if I work out and give myself extra calories I'll eat anything from extra accompaniments to food, to biscuits or chocolate as a snack, to fruit juice as a treat drink.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1200 cals a day, and some days it feels liked don't stop eating. You can view my diary if you like, it's public
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals with some snacks in between.. and lots of water....I think that your body needs constant nourishment to lose weight... I may eat lighter when I know I will have a bigger dinner and "save" calories for then....My husband travels for work but is home on weekends so I do eat different on weekends than I do throughout the week.. But I still have 3 meals....
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb and wheat free breakfast is fruit or wheat free cereal or a shake if don't have time to eat

lunch is small bowl of salad, or soup, or a shake and carrot sticks or apple slices

dinner is fish (not breaded or battered) or lean white meat with either side salad or vegetables.

This is for most of the month with 1 spike day a week where I will allow carbs to meals and sometimes even wheat to surprise my body. However once a month I get bad cravings so I tend to eat more that week as I may add rice or potato to a meal, I get cravings for choc and crisps so cals are usually closer to 1600 than 1200, so I do an extra exercise session everyday so I still have a loss when the water comes off.

I'm not allergic to wheat but I was eating a lot daily and seemed to have permanent water retention and stuck at 12st 7 for a year! I dropped loads as soon as I stopped eating it daily and now its a treat. I use gluten free bread as I love toast but restrict it to twice a week. This seems to work for me personally.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    My breakfast and lunch are usually pretty small with cereal for breakfast, and a yogurt and veggies for lunch. I usually have a tupperware container full of veggies, and I eat those until I really feel full. Dinner is usually a big meal for me, but we try and cook foods that are low in calories, but still contain what we like (like pasta and potatoes). I prefer to have 3 substantial meals during the day, and then I feel less snacky between those meals. I also always save room for dessert though. I eat less of it, and buy light instead of regular ice cream, but I refuse to give up my desserts!