Need help with getting a routine

Options
I know that I need to start adding in some toning type of exercises on a regular basis instead of all cardio, but I need help setting up a routine. I can't go to a gym. I do have some light hand weights and some toning bands (the kind without handles). Hoping if I add in toning exercises that it will help me lose my belly pouch as I continue to lose weight.

Replies

• Nyeesha
    Nyeesha Posts: 54
    Options
    incorporate some full body excercises.. like doing squats in a static position..holding a squat while doing punches with weights.. or doing bicep curls.. etc... give your full body a workout instead of just one part.. message me on my page if you need more advice.. i can't see the group posts unless I get on the browser on my phone. hope thise helps
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    incorporate some full body excercises.. like doing squats in a static position..holding a squat while doing punches with weights.. or doing bicep curls.. etc... give your full body a workout instead of just one part.. message me on my page if you need more advice.. i can't see the group posts unless I get on the browser on my phone. hope thise helps

Great ideas there! You can do a full body workout without any weights. Try some chest pushups, tricep pushups, tricep dips, planks, mountain climbers. You can google these exercises and see pictures and some videos online to get an idea of each exercise. Also, check your local library for pilates DVDs, there are tons of great core exercises that don't require any equipment.
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have two elementary age kids too and my trick is as soon as I get home from work I work out - they know mom gets the tv for half hour so I can do a DVD. Sometimes I even get a little side kick to join me! Try to be consistant on the time and it becomes habit!!