should I add housework

Options
noticed a lot of ppeeps add things like housework as exercise, whats you opinions on this as personally I dont add this as as a mum/housewife I JUST THINK OF IT AS PART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE, I do add my linedancing as thats what I think of as my own personal exercise

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Don't add, its cheating :)
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't add cleaning as excersizing unless it's out of the ordinary. when I spend 3 hours scrubbing the tile floors or doing heavy duty "break a sweat" cleaning - heck yeah I'll add it. :) but that's not often. the regular cleaning (even if it takes 3 hours) doesn't count in my book.

but to each their own :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    noticed a lot of ppeeps add things like housework as exercise, whats you opinions on this as personally I dont add this as as a mum/housewife I JUST THINK OF IT AS PART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE, I do add my linedancing as thats what I think of as my own personal exercise

I agree. Just part of normal activity. How active you are cleaning (and how often) should factor into your lifestyle activity setting.

That said, there are some people who probably have so much weight to lose and have been so sedentary for so long, that housework is genuine exercise for them.
  • DoodleDaft
    Options
    I log half of my weekly big clean as it is a physical work out (big house, high ceilings, I do more than break a sweat), always starving after the big clean so must be burning something, but don't count my daily cleaning.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    thanks everyone who have so far commented, I think I would feel it was cheating too as these everday tasks need to be done and ive done them at my heaviest and my lightest not something I go out of my way to do, having said that I guess if in the past very little if any exercise has been done then its extra to the norm, extra to the norm to me is my linedancing, general dancing in the house and strength exercises as in sit ups
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not. I cringe when I see that.