Losing Weight ... Gained Inches?

Options
Ok, I'm doing Ripped in 30 right now. I've been keeping my net calories to 1200 - 1300.
I originally gained some water weight because of starting Ripped in 30 and I'm losing said water weight now but I didn't gain inches ... until today.
This morning I gained around .5-1 inches in my natural waist.
I have no idea why though. Any of you have any ideas of why this happened or what I should do to fix it?

Replies

• Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't freak out, yet. It may be water retention, gas, or some other temporary problem.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    allot of women will get a "muscle belly" when they exercise their abs allot, incorrectly.

Make sure that you suck in and flatten your core ab groups at all times when you workout or you may endup with a herniated ab cavity, and the ab muscles will bulge.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    Yea, I was wondering if my ab muscles were getting bigger....
    So as an example, should I just breathe out more when going up on crunches and then breathe in when going down?
    Is that why trainers say to hold your belly button to your spine as much as possible?
  • jocemorg
    jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can gain 0.5-1 inch in my waist just from waking up in the morning and having a big breakfast/lunch. Seriously, don't worry about it.
  • LFindlay7
    LFindlay7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to get this when I would binge drink lots of water and then the next morning the same thing would happen to me.I thinkyour problem will be temporary as your body is probally just adjusting :)
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    Well, yea. lol. I do gain inches after I drink, eat, etc. of course.
    This was right after I woke up and went to the bathroom, that's why I was wondering.

I mean, I know that weight can fluctuate day to day but I didn't know that inches could too. I guess that would just be common sense to have known that though. I just didn't know if it could be because of other reasons too though and I just wanted to nip it in the bud.
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I used to get this when I would binge drink lots of water and then the next morning the same thing would happen to me.I thinkyour problem will be temporary as your body is probally just adjusting :)

What everyone is saying makes sense ... but this might be my problem since I have increased my water intake by alot lately. Only problem is I try to stop drinking around 9 or 10 so I won't feel like my bladder is about to explode the next morning :blushing:
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Too, you can never be sure that the measurements were taken at exactly the same place giving you some variances. I noticed that same phenomenon too .
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    Too, you can never be sure that the measurements were taken at exactly the same place giving you some variances. I noticed that same phenomenon too .

It really is difficult to measure isn't it?
    I never know if I'm measuring my hips or my tummy right.
    .... I would be the worst seamstress known to man.