Sugar or Splenda?

Options
Hi everyone! I've recently started cooking and baking and I was wondering if I should stick with sugar in my recipes or replace with Splenda? I've heard negative things about Splenda and I'm not sure which to use.

Any advice?

Replies

• chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Neither, go Stevia. All natural.
  • asnell79
    asnell79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Stevia, or as I mentioned in another thread, agave nectar. Splenda is bad! It's all chemicals :(
  • amihungry
    Options
    Stevia
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'd rather use a reduced amount of sugar or a natural nectar than use splenda =_=
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    personally, id go with sugar over splenda..however i have nothing against splenda...its a taste thing for me
    i use sugar or stevia in my house though - i havent done any cooking with stevia so not sure about the ratio vs sugar..
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    splenda is soo gross... I rather have no sugar..
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    Sugar all the way.
  • training101
    Options
    I like agave nectar.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I use regular sugar still.
  • cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda - no calories, no headache
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've recently started cooking and baking and I was wondering if I should stick with sugar in my recipes or replace with Splenda? I've heard negative things about Splenda and I'm not sure which to use.

Any advice?

Hello from Chicago!
    I was just watching webcast with Oprah & Dr. Oz. One topic was your question.
    It seems like the choice they advocate is using agave or regular sugar.

http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-and-the-Ultimate-Checklist-Oprahs-Best-Life-Webcast-Video