Any men who have done a Jillian Michaels' dvd...

Options
Hey, I'm trying to find men who have done Jillian Michaels' dvd and has before/after pictures. I'm having a hard time motivating my hubby to work out with me. I think he'll have great results with her workouts but I need some help convincing him... Are there any men out there that can help?

Replies

• CaraLanglois
    CaraLanglois Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to convince my husband as well! I hope we get some responses:)
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on day 19 of 30DS.. I like it because, It is a killer work out and is done in 20 min. I don't have before and after pictures yet, but I have lost 5 pounds and about 2 inches off my waist. So far... I have also gained upper body strength.. Her program is working for me.
  • LoMazz
    LoMazz Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband has been doing JillianMichaels.com online program with me for a few years and he looks awesome! :wink: He doesn't really like the DVD's but likes the online program because you just print out a new workout everyday to follow.
  • Sumblizzard
    Options
    Good luck.... I can't get my husband to do anything exercise related with me. SUCKS!!:grumble:
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My husband is not active on the message boards but he is on myfitnesspal and he does the jillians videos with me.

He watched me do one and decided to join in. Maybe that would work! We loved doing them together... we are also training for a half together.

Our next journey is going to be heavy lifting! :)
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm guessing there aren't any really out there, lol.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hubby won't let me share the pictures, but he definitely got more toned in his back/arms, chest and backside. :) Tell your husband to start with the 5lb weights, and them move to 8s or 10s if he can. It makes it suck/work that much more.
  • ChellyChelster
    Options
    My hubby did the Jillian Michaels dvd today and he did the hardest level and puked LOL- It's a really hardcore work out and he'll def see results from it- Good Luck :)
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This macho- man (weight lifter , bench press over 300 lbs) here just purchased thr Jillian ripped and plan on watching it next week, I like to incorporate any exercises (training ) that work.

It has worked for many, ...and I am truly a fan of "not reinventing the wheel"

- dee
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My husband is training for a sprint triathlon and the JMs 30DS level 2 or 3 about once a week to mix up his training. He loves it.

My 24 year old brother is naturally skinny and does some weights at home and walks 45 mins to/from work each day and stands up all day. He tried level 3 and thought it was killer.

Definitely a good challenge for men too.

Sorry no pics though.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Thanks for responding. We are going to do day 3 of week 1 on Ripped in 30 so I just hope he'll stick with it. :)
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm trying to find men who have done Jillian Michaels' dvd and has before/after pictures. I'm having a hard time motivating my hubby to work out with me. I think he'll have great results with her workouts but I need some help convincing him... Are there any men out there that can help?

I can't be of much help with the pictures but I can tell you that my boyfriend will do Jillian's videos with me and he loves them! He is 6'3" and 185ish lbs so tall and very thin but he really likes the videos. I'm sure he would see results if he did the JM videos soley but he normally will only do it with me when he's home (he leaves to go play tennis almost every day). He likes the videos because he says it is different than anything else he does so it gives him a more well-rounded athletic range, I guess you could say. His buddies make fun of him for it but he says that he was really surprised at how difficult they were and can definitely feel the burn more than going to the gym and lifting for an hour.

Also I am doing the Body Revolution right now and that workout system has a lot of men in it. I love it so far and it is designed for men and women where most of her other videos seem catered to women specifically.
  • joannehaydon
    Options
    My boyfriend does 30DS with me and he really enjoys it. He has been on a healthy eating plan purely because I've been dieting and I do the shopping and cooking! but i think he quite enjoys the motivation of us both doing it.

We have been getting up early to do it each day which is hard work (i'm not a morning person) but having someone there to encourage you is great.

He won't let me post any pics though!!!

I'm looking into which DVD to get next and I'm pretty sure he'll be up for doing that one with me too.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    My brother completed Ripped in 30 with me and is also doing 6 week 6 pack with me.

his before/after pictures aren't the best. but he lost about 15lbs and several inches with Ripped in 30

mattmatt2.jpg

mattmattside.jpg
  • TimothyValentine
    TimothyValentine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 9 of the 30 day shred but can see changes happening.
    Will post some pics on day 30 if I make it :)
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i do them. i haven't been doing them on a daily basis. i started doing the 30 day shred but my fiance let her mom borrow it. so i started doing ripped in 30. in my humble opinion ripped in 30 is way way way tougher and better then 30 day shred and im only on week 1.

i can see how doing a jillian michaels dvd might turn guys away. but it really is an awesome burn. i strapped on my hrm this morning and burnt almost 1200 calories doing her dvd week 1. jillian and i have a love/hate relationship. i love the outcome after im done, hate the b*tch while im doing it.

im down 35 lbs since january and really just been doing jillian dvd's and bowling as exercise. other then that just watching my calorie intake.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is average weight, and I've tried getting him to do any of her dvd's with me... so far, it's not happening.. but he has promised to do INSANITY with me, when I'm ready ^_^
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    My husband did 4 workouts and lost 6.5 inches! It's obviously working!
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    I don't see my husband jumping in the the 30DS with me. He thinks it's cool that we're doing it (me, sis-in-law & daughter), but he said he might do some weight lifting with me at the gym. He also works out at home on The Rack, he's more into building muscle while losing weight than losing weight. Not sure if that helps, but maybe that's why he's reluctant to do the dvd's?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!