Jillian Michaels workouts

Options
AmyM713
AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
So I have made it to day 15 of the 30ds, and found myself getting bored. I did my first day of Ripped in 30 today. I plan on alternating these work outs every other day to give a little variety. Any one else doing this or interested friend me and we can work on keeping each other motivated!

Replies

• Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am on day three of doing exactly that! I am shocked at the difference in calorie burn for me, 150 ish for 30ds and 225 for ripped in 30!
  • AmyM713
    Options
    That jillian does not mess around, as much as I say I hate her I love her work outs.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    how did you come up with your calorie burn for ripped? i was logging it as circuit training and burning 100+ caloris. didn't know it was 200+!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 2 of 30 day shred. I haven't found the workouts to be boring though. Once I'm done with 30D's I think I'll start ripped in 30! :)
  • JonathansMom0910
    Options
    i am about to start level 2 of the 30DS and I do have to say that some of the stuff is hard on my knees and such. Even though she says to not modify the jumping jacks I find I have to for about 1/2 of them. Other than that, so far I am happy. Not looking forward to the planks and burpees in level 2 though;)LOL
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    how did you come up with your calorie burn for ripped? i was logging it as circuit training and burning 100+ caloris. didn't know it was 200+!

I use a heart rate monitor
  • lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options
    I burn just over 300 on Ripped. For accurate calorie burn numbers you need to use a heart rate monitor. Buy one, you will love it!!
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of her workout dvds too. right now i alternate between 6 wk 6 pack, bob harpers kettlebell sculpt, and the gym. i intend to incorporate some of jillians other dvds along the way!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think I am done with RI30. I did up to week 4 day 5 and hurt my back. Honestly I didnt get the results I had hoped for.
    I am going for a change up next week. I am going to do a different JM DVD each day.
    I have a bunch.
    Maybe start with 6 week 6 pack, then Boast Metabolism banish fat, 30ds level 3, shred it with weights, No more trouble zones, 6w6p again and end with RI30 week 2 and 4 together.
    Come on I will have to have a good week after that right? Maybe lose the pound I put on doing ripped?
  • shaycat
    Options
    I burn just over 300 on Ripped. For accurate calorie burn numbers you need to use a heart rate monitor. Buy one, you will love it!!

Really? I am saving for a HRM. I was logging it as 200 and starting to think I was logging to high since I was gaining weight.
  • AmyM713
    Options
    I have 30ds, ripped in 30, 6wk 6pack, and killer buns and thighs. I want a hrm but they are pretty expensive, I may just have to break down and buy one though and suggestions on what kind is best and most accurate?
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I HATE her. I am doing round 2 of 30 ds right now. Cuz as much as I dislike her, it is a good workout. I rotate through the days level 1 then 2 then 3 and repeat 10x. I CANNOT do the same video 10 days in a row, it would drive me insane.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i have finished the shred and now working on ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack.... i find the 6 week 6 pack to be more intensive and more cardio based but I LOVE IT
  • shaycat
    Options
    I keep hearing about the Polar FT4. It is only around $60.00 I am saving for it. I am dying to know what I really burn.
  • AmyM713
    Options
    I will have to look at that one. Thanks!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That jillian does not mess around, as much as I say I hate her I love her work outs.
    I have a very strong love/hate relationship with her! I've been thinking about alternating between the 39 DS and the killer buns and thigh so I don't hit the boredom plateau again. Glad I'm someone else is having the same issue!
  • lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options

Really? I am saving for a HRM. I was logging it as 200 and starting to think I was logging to high since I was gaining weight.

Yes, I gained about 2 pounds the first 2 weeks. It was all muscle. I have since lost that plus some and have gain a lot of tone and muscles! HRM works by using your weight along with your heart rate to determine your calories burned. Everyone is different. You might burn more or less than me. I weigh 170 and my heart rate is between 150's-180 doing the DVD.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love JM workouts! I call them my back to basics :) I completed 30ds & RI30 last year and felt so good. I fell off the wagon for about 6 months when I went from being a stay at home mom to a full time working mom but I'm back & now just finished day 2 of week 2 of DS .... Forgot how much I absolutely HATE level 2 (but I LOVE level 3) soon as I finish ill be starting RI30 :) feel free to add me!

Brandi :)
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of 30ds and I love it! I hope I don't get bored! Such a great workout. I use a heart rate monitor and today my burn was 270! Not bad for 20 min!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options

I agree . Get a heart rate monitor.