Why am I losing my drive to workout??

Options
I've been going strong for almost 2 weeks now, but I'm at the point again where I always start to slack off on the exercise part! I have ZERO motivation to exercise! I'm eating right still, it's just the exercise part that's killing my new "me" from happening.

What do I do? How on earth can I get myself motivated again? I'm going crazy here because I don't want to revert back AGAIN!

Please help! What do you do?

Replies

• Eryn47
    Eryn47 Posts: 34
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I went online and looked for all kinds of cute outfits that I really really wanted to wear and put them all into a folder on my desktop. Then every morning when I first woke up and every day before I went to work out I would sit down and open up my skinny folder and get inspired all over again!!! Good luck and hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FantasticVoyage
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I went online and looked for all kinds of cute outfits that I really really wanted to wear and put them all into a folder on my desktop. Then every morning when I first woke up and every day before I went to work out I would sit down and open up my skinny folder and get inspired all over again!!! Good luck and hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Thanks! That sounds like a really GREAT idea! Keep em coming!
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    I have this thought every morning:bigsmile: But when I do get out running and pass the first 5 minutes I'm okay glad that I did. Also those outfits are a target, stick picture on the fridge so they are there to help and dissuade when attacking the fridge:bigsmile: I find completing my MFP diary helps and seeing how well I'm doing. On saying that I have reached the stage where I dont seem to be losing very much, I started great now its 1 maybe 2 pounds a week:cry: I have started using the tape measure and find its more help and encouragement.
    Keep going you can do it:smile:
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    Great idea!! Thanks SOOOO Much! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • clothestoburn
    clothestoburn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, didn't exercise all of last week, and didn't even log food over the weekend. I felt bad about it all week but couldn't get the TIME to do it (that was my excuse)

Last nite I decided today I would get back to my routine and I told my 12 year old son to keep on asking "when are you going to exercise, mom?" But I woke up early and had my Jillian workout just about finished when he rolled out of bed. I really didn't want to here him buggin me all day!

Now I back on and ready to do this! :happy:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    fight to stay on track- you can do it. You know the best feeling is when you don't want to work out but you push yourself to do it and when it's all done you feel great. I went thru this about a month ago- but every day I forced myself to stay on track no matter what and now I am seeing weigh lost- I think it's our bodies say do you really want to do this...in our mind our answer is no but for a life style change...it's a yes!!!! You can do it.....we all get here at some point, you are definately not alone.
  • FantasticVoyage
    Options
    Well thank you all! I pushed myself to work out and now I feel great that I did. A nice workout building muscle and losing fat, followed by a nice shower was just the thing I needed. :bigsmile: