What foods are people eatting to stay full?

Options

Replies

• Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oats :) I mix mine with a banana, peanut butter, and flax seeds. Delicious and filling!
  • runninggirl54
    Options
    the more protein you eat throughout the day will help keep you full longer. i add ground chia to most of my food b/c it is a natural way to make you feel full and it also has great health benefits like omegas, antioxidants, fiber, calcium.
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats. I made some in the crockpot last weekend and put almond milk, honey, banana and peanut butter in them. I portioned it out into small containers and ate it for breakfast almost everyday this week. It was about 200 calories for a serving and kept me full for hours.
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing some good ideas here. To stay full, I eat as much protein and high-fiber food as possible. A lot of eggs -- scrambled, hard-boiled, etc. Also tuna fish, tofu, and chicken. I find that I enjoy the protein more and I stay fuller if I use a fair bit of salt with it. I know it's not the the healthiest, but I'm just being honest, and I naturally have very low blood pressure (common for short women), so my salt intake is not a health risk in that way. What can I say, salt is delicious, I crave it, and it fills me up. For high-fiber options, I eat lots of apples, celery, and baby carrots. Also, soup with clear broth is low-cal and very filling. I usually try to eat my vegetables first at dinner (often a salad), so that I'm not ravenous when I attack the higher-calorie "main dish."
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat
    nature's own crunchy granola bars, the new dark chocolate ones are fantastic for my chocolate cravings!
    grape nuts cereal... regular and flakes
    hard boiled eggs
    oatmeal
    .... I was always getting hungry before lunch and this helped me greatly. Now I'm not starving by the time lunch gets here and sometimes not even hungry. I eat lunch anyways, usually some fish, a 6in sub from subway, or a salad or some stir fry veggies w/o any sauces. I will have a fruit for a snack a couple of hours before lunch.
  • ihasz4
    ihasz4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've also had trouble feeling hungry until I decided to eat a high protein breakfast such as (egg beaters, egg whites, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, string cheese). I am satisfied for a long time. I will have a bread, pasta or rice at lunch but try to stick to a lean protein & veggies for dinner. Basically, I have limited my carbs to one meal. I also have tried to eliminate processed stuff as much as possible. Personally when I keep my blood sugar stable I don't have those desperate cravings. Once in a while we all need to reward ourselves. Good luck to you and your journey.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Campbell's line of soups esp. the chicken noodle. Yes. Tons of sodium. sadwalk.gif
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, Brown rice and beans and my personal favorite peanut butter!!!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein!!!! I have smoothies every day. Yogurt, cottage cheese, ect. It works for me!
  • Mochi915
    Mochi915 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    94% fat free popcorn!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, almonds, eggs, chicken, lots of green veggies
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    salad salad salad
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I eat three tea eggs for lunch (eggs boiled for hours in a broth of tea and spices) with some veggies, and I'm full right through the afternoon, through my evening workout, and right until dinner. :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Lean protein - only thing that works for me ......steak, chicken, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, ham, tuna, sardines, salmon....
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    Brown rice with cajun seasoning. I'm good to go after 1/2 cup. Plus it's good for you.

I used to think apples would work, but every time I eat one, I'm hungrier than I was before I ate it.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I eat some bombay mix or scan bread with some philadelphia cheese on it
  • ashclark60
    Options
    oatmeal with a teaspoon of pb.....almonds....greek yogurt
  • bzinke
    bzinke Posts: 5
    Options
    Greek Yogurt with Granola in it. Very filling and very high in protein!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cottage cheese + a slice of toasted bread.... Super fullness with 200-230 calories. Add some smoked turkey slices (20 calories each) and... you will be full for the whole night! (Yes, I find out that protein rich foods keep me full longer)
  • daryashee
    Options
    To be honest Nothing. For me Im ALWAYS hungry! But I Would Avoid Subway If You want 2 be full, because when i eat it i am NEVER full