New here!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I'm brand new to My Fitness Pal. I'm currently recovering from an ankle injury and just started weight bearing yesterday. I have a long recovery road ahead of me.

Fun fact about me... I used to be a competitive gymnast! I did it for 12 years. I used to injure myself all the times... especially my ankles. So, these types of injuries aren't foreign to me.

Before my injury, I was doing TurboFire and I was in love with it! Since running and jumping seem to be out of the question at the moment, I'm thinking I might try Les Mills Pump! It looks like fun! Weight training in my living room... love it! I'm also a brand new BeachBody coach! So if anyone needs some motivation or personal coaching, I'm here to help!

Add me as a friend! I hope we can keep each other motivated :)

Replies

• haycock86
    haycock86 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi I'm Danielle, I'm pretty new here to and would love friends to help motivate me and also for me to motivate others.
    Congratulations on becoming a beach body coach. I will add you as a friend as you seem so kind and friendly thanks for your kind offer. ;-)
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you'll love it here. I sent you a request.
  • haycock86
    haycock86 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you Hun xx
  • raekaekelly
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Got the request and approved them!
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been hare for a while, but this time I am determined to use the site to the full and achieve my potential. Have been struggling with lots of injuries like you and lacking in motivation. Am looking for support and will give lots in return! So add me if you like x
    Live in Essex UK and want to lose about 2 stone and be able to run again.
  • tommo99
    tommo99 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am a 38 year old mum of two living in New Zealand. I have been following MFP for 6-7 weeks and it is so addictive. I do find some of the calories people burn through exercise a bit intimidating as due to previous injuries, I am certainly no hard core athlete but try my best to keep moving. I have lost 5.4 kg so far and eat a good amount of calories (I feel) so I am pretty happy with the way things are going. Having a couple of "hard to be motivated and want to eat everything in my cupboards" days but this will pass - I hope! Would not say no to friends to share this journey (and life style) with.
  • jrb135
    jrb135 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just started MFP on March 1st. I already have a problem with the exercise graph. I have been exercising for 1 hour ( M - F) and nothing shows up on the graph. I have tried 'everything' and nothing works on the graph for exercise nor calories lost from exercise. Hmmmmm.... anyone care to help? Or, should I email the home office. Does anyone else have this problem???
  • jrwp
    jrwp Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd love some encouragement. I just joined MFP....I do okay with the eating part but the exercise is where I really fall off. I have plans and ideas but just don't follow through...something always comes up or tempts me...any words of encouragement are always appreciated!!