Settling into new eating habits.

Options
I'm curious to others who have been doing this longer; so far this week I have either gone a lot over or a fair bit under my calories goal. Like today, I am 366 calories under my goal and if I ate more I'd feel I was eating for the sake of it. How long did it take you to settle into a comfortable dietary routine? Or does your intake vary a lot too?

Replies

• bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I haven't been at this a long time, but I had the same troubles at first. So much so that I gave up after one or two days and stopped tracking for several days.

And then I decided to do some research and started combing the boards and found that a lot of "veterans" recommended pre-planning your days. So I now take 15 mins at bed time each night to plan my next day and it was definitely my saving grace!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    I really don't have an issue with calories. I count my calories after I have mad my meal and look at how many I have left which tends to determine my other meals. I do eat a high raw diet so my food choices may be different than others. Feel free to look at my food journal and ask any questions :)
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. Maybe I need to get better at pre-planning my meals. I'm assuming as time goes on I'll get better at understanding the calorie/fat/whatever content of foods and it will start to become second nature to make better food choices.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You'll also start having your go - to meals. I mostly eat the same 3-4 things for breakfast, 4-5 for lunch, and snacks. Dinner varies, but I try to leave between 400 & 500 calories for that. Good luck on your journey!
  • Perry62
    Perry62 Posts: 6
    Options
    IM SO HAPPY THAT YOU DID NOT GIVE UP THE RACE
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You'll also start having your go - to meals. I mostly eat the same 3-4 things for breakfast, 4-5 for lunch, and snacks. Dinner varies, but I try to leave between 400 & 500 calories for that. Good luck on your journey!

I am a creature of routine haha. Breakfast and lunch is generally the same (dieting or not) and then dinner is where I go wild. Do you save anything for snacks? I can eat minimal food during the day, I don't get hungry or get cravings until late evening. 6pm onwards and I just want to eat everything in the house. I've found leaving enough for cheese on toast or a yoghurt or whatever in the evening stops me emptying the fridge but on days like today where I haven't been hungry it's left me with a large excess.