I have a keggerator and a treadmill I need friends

Options
Hello I am Patrick from Denver Colorado I just thought I would start seeing what happens if I started working out again. I lost 30 pounds a year ago stopped working out because my Dad got cancer and passed away and I just lost interest. I was down to 202 from 235 and I am back up to 210 after about 10 months of not working out or really watching what I was Eating.I got a kegger and a treadmill the past month the keggerator was free and I do love it so no I wont get rid of it. I have been working out everyday before I go to work for 30 mins of jogging on the treadmill and it feels great. I only drink 1 to 1.5 beers everyday out of the kegger and will watch what I eat from now on. I think you can still be healthy and drink after all you only live once so you have to make the most of your life. Thanks for reading my post

Replies

• RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love beer & exercise! Bacardio!!! Welcome to MFP Patrick!
  • Caligalslim
    Options
    Hello and welcome to mfp.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Haha, of course you've got a kegger, you live in Colorado! We can't help that the beer here is so epic. It begs to be drunken. 30 minutes of jogging every day is great though, easily takes care of a beer or two. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but great job getting back on track after that.
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    When i saw the title to your post it made me thing of a cancer fund raising event the cross country team does every years at the university I went to -- its called the "Run, Chug & Puke" the first thing that popped into my head was, "Gee, I wonder if he's training for that?"
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love my white merlot (red wine) will not give that up and do not believe you have to, just work out more or eat less and enjoy the beer :)
  • nixrun
    nixrun Posts: 44
    Options
    hopefully you have either odells or new belgium in that kegger :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I question is...did u hook up the keggerator to the treadmill? Because that would be epic
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Coloradoan! :drinker:
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Options
    It seems like the main reason I exercise (at least cardio) is for beer--I always put my anticipated beer calories in first thing in the morning. Btw, sorry for your loss,.
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Add me as a friend if you like - I've only been here 3 weeks, and support is always appreciated.
    Way to go on your 30 minutes of jogging a day - that's awesome!
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Request sent. You had me at keggerator.

Also, eff cancer... So sorry for your loss.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    Patch, I just got back from Denver on a trip. What a great city! Sorry to hear about your Dad. Stress and a loss like that can do a number on you.

I'm ramping up slowly to my old activity levels, but I was more a biker, and hope to be back at daily rides as well. Invite coming your way.
  • ashcandi
    ashcandi Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome, Patrick! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212
    Options
    if you could hook that heg up like a camel back you would be all set man
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Kegs, treadmills...yup! Only in Colorado!! We are a crazy breed, aren't we?
    Welcome to MFP!!!!
  • Patch62383
    Options
    No sadly not Odells is great but it is rolling rock I am lame but I do love the Micro brews here
  • Patch62383
    Options
    Thank all you guys for responding friend request me so I got some cool people to loose weight with
  • starrybirdy
    starrybirdy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I question is...did u hook up the keggerator to the treadmill? Because that would be epic

thats a great idea - burn what you drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    No sadly not Odells is great but it is rolling rock I am lame but I do love the Micro brews here

Rolling Rock? Really? Come on, they don't even brew it in Latrobe anymore so it doesn't taste the same.... Its all good though, I can look past this one character flaw.
  • jeaniet1965
    Options
    I too drink 1 to 1.5 beers most days and have also started running/walking on my treadmill again after a long break. I keep trying to find the balance