The Pet Peeve thread

papa3x
papa3x Posts: 286
OK, I'll start... feel free to add your own:

1. People who go to a Redbox kiosk with no clue what movie they want that stand there for literally 15 minutes before making a choice. They deserve a good beat down.

2. People who block intersections so that people can't turn left,,,,, there is a special place in hell for these folks, or should be.

Replies

• david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Pet peeves give me a pet peeve.

Acceptance is universal.

btw i dont enjoy when people repeat to me what i just told them.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    My sister never hangs the towel back up after her shower. I find them all over the place :mad:
  • papa3x
    Pet peeves give me a pet peeve.

Acceptance is universal.

btw i dont enjoy when people repeat to me what i just told them.

really?
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    My biggest pet peeves are probably stupidity and ignorance.
    And also, when people or things shake. For example, when an old person is lifting something and their hands start shaking with the effort... it makes me want to cringe and throw heavy objects across the room.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Grammar and punctuation.

1. Apostrophe abuse, as in COME BUY OUR CAR'S! WE HAVE LOTS OF GREAT DEALS! NO GIMMICK'S! Arghhhhhh!

2. Do not "ax" me a question! Ask it.

3. "Expresso". really?

4. "I pacifically told you . . . " The Pacific is an ocean!

5. Imma be. What?

6. When did the semicolon die?

I could go on and on and on . . . . .
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Grammar and punctuation.

1. Apostrophe abuse, as in COME BUY OUR CAR'S! WE HAVE LOTS OF GREAT DEALS! NO GIMMICK'S! Arghhhhhh!

2. Do not "ax" me a question! Ask it.

3. "Expresso". really?

4. "I pacifically told you . . . " The Pacific is an ocean!

5. Imma be. What?

6. When did the semicolon die?

I could go on and on and on . . . . .

THIS. My friends & family get pissed because I correct them all the time.
  • timmomo
    timmomo Posts: 35
    It really chaps me raw when an ignorant (if well-meaning) driver decides to stop and wave someone through an intersection or a turn completely oblivious of the cars behind them--who are trying to move at-speed are now forced to slam on brakes or make evasive maneuvers because *dinglefutz* is willing to let someone who's ready to wait their turn--through. This happened to my nephew, who, new to driving, took this ladies' offer and made the turn, only to be smashed into by the car behind her who had to avoid her dumb @ss. Nobody was hurt seriously, but it was so needless. I see this behavior almost daily. Irksome. Makes me wanna rip out the 800lb gorilla and shout a total stranger down.

Of course, I don't. Well, I do, but they usually can't hear me in my car as I pass 'em.
  • papa3x
    OK, this happened today in Walmart.... lady brings up like 80 things to a 20 items of less line... Her response when questioned by the lady behind her was...." I only have about 10 items".... because she had like 6 of these, 4 of those, 7 of these.....

Another person who needs a good beat down.
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    People chewing with their mouth open..
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    In my neighbourhood there are a lot of children, two schools, elderly people all of whom use the sidewalks all the time. My pet peeve are the ignorant ******** that don't clear the sidewalks so there's snow and because of the weather conditions this year, a lot of ice! Also, there was a broken glass bottle in front of someone's house, on the sidewalk, that took over 2 weeks to be cleared! And they had two small children!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Oh, I have a HUGE red box pet peeve. They recently installed a second redbox kiosk at our grocery store due to high volume. Yet inevitable whenever to go try to use one you will have ONE family simultaneously browsing on both kiosks. Drives me up the wall every time.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Agressive sneezing. :noway:
  • papa3x
    Oh, I have a HUGE red box pet peeve. They recently installed a second redbox kiosk at our grocery store due to high volume. Yet inevitable whenever to go try to use one you will have ONE family simultaneously browsing on both kiosks. Drives me up the wall every time.

Regarding my Redbox pet peeve... well that was inspired by what happened yesterday..... When we went in the store, the same people were still at the kiosk when we left, with a line of people waiting..... And I know that 2 of them were just returning movies, as I saw them in their hands... I was 5th in line.... and I had to wait because my movies were already reserved.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    When a professor says we only have 5 problems tonight. But each one has 6 parts.

People who don't bag their leaky meat packages before going through line.

People who don't use their turn signals. (I'm a little bit of a hypocrite on this one but it's because mine keep burning out. It's an electrical problem with the car.)

The tallest person in class standing in my way while everyone else is sitting down. I've literally carried a chair to him before because I was trying to see the board.

People going around the tallest person and standing in the one window of vision I did have.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    When I am at a check out lane and its MY turn...and the person behind me is breathing down my neck and practically scooting me out the door before I have paid!! UGH!!!
    Are you seriously in that big of a hurry? This is "your dance area".....this is "my dance area". (dirty dancing)

Learn some boundaries. :angry:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Getting change back with the bills not faced and all askew :grumble: I worked in a bank too long, I guess.
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    People who mix up

There/their/they're

your/you're

to/two/too
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    1) Grammatical errors
    2) People who only care about themselves/ always think they're right, even if they are very very wrong
    3) People who take more than they give