Stay At Home Moms Need......

Options
2»

Replies

• k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I so agree! I love my kids but I really miss working! I quit working when my kids were one and two. I moved to MI while my hubby is deployed so that my kids could know their family but I hate it here! I didn't grow up here so I have no friends and I just haven't made any since I've been here! it's nice being around family and I love that my kids are happy but I'm one miserable momma!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I so agree! I love my kids but I really miss working! I quit working when my kids were one and two. I moved to MI while my hubby is deployed so that my kids could know their family but I hate it here! I didn't grow up here so I have no friends and I just haven't made any since I've been here! it's nice being around family and I love that my kids are happy but I'm one miserable momma!

Have you looked into joining any moms groups.
    I would be lost without my play groups. You can look on meetup.com
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly a SAHM for thirteen years. Tonight, my 13-year-old daughter was singing, "Hush little baby, don't you see, Momma's gonna need some therapy." I may need a break. :)

I agree with the needing adult conversation, hope you find someone soon to talk to all you want. :smile:
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I went through a major shift of being the main breadwinner to a stay at home mom about a year ago. My husband was promoted and transferred to a new town and so we moved and I became a stay at home. My 5 year old boy talks (ok screams) non-stop and I have a 13 month old who gets into everything. Because we moved I don't really know many people here and my husband works 14-18 hours a day. I was already a 'talk to mucher' but now I have NO adult conversation except with my husband when he's not exhausted. So I talk to my kids like adults. Lol nothing is funnier than the look on other people's faces when my 5 year old starts explaining how 'incredible' it is to be 'involved' in an 'aerobics' workout. Now I write a funny blog to get the stress out but every couple of months I drive the eight hours to our old home to hang out with adults.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wurd.
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For months my only conversations were with waiters .... my circumstances are a little better now...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,846 Member
    Options
    I hear you, ladies! My daughter is a stay-at-home mom, and I try to call her every day as I'm driving home from work ,so she can talk to a grown-up. Sometimes, I can hear the desperation in her voice. (Her hubby is a non-talker).

Funny thing is, my husband is home alone all day since he retired, and he really needs to talk to a human being when I get home, too.
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mental Health is a concern to for the health and fitness of a person. So words to think about:

People think that being a Stay At Home Mom is all giggles and fun. Just remember that it gets lonely at times, so when your talking to one, and they seem to talk to much for your taste, you might be the highlight of their week. So carry a conversation and don't neglect their need to have more intelligent conversation.

ARGH :(

Being a SAHM has been the MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE OF MY LIFE!!!!!

And I used to be an Autism/behavior Interventionist who got her hair pulled, got bit and hit all the time!!!

Hugs your way...

E xo
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When I was home I went to the mall once with my sister, I had a 15 min conversation with the guy at the coffee store. My sister was like, what was that about? I told her I take any adult conversation I canr. She laughed at me and then 4 years later when she was home told me she got it now.
  • decerva
    decerva Posts: 11
    Options
    This is very true! I have been a SAHM for 13 years and I feel like everyday, I clean the same messes, read the same books, see the same kiddie shows. My son seems to be going though a really bad case of the "terrible twos" and most days I don't know what to do with him.
  • mwicklander87
    mwicklander87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I told my husband the other day that going out, even to the grocery store is a treat. I am a SAHM to our one year old twins. He sorta laughed until I said I was serious. He doesn't seem to get that him going to work is getting out of the house and talking to other grown people. He thinks because its work it doesn't count as getting out of the house. At least when summer finally gets here I'll be able to take the kids to the park!
  • mo4xdamomma
    Options
    Ive been a SAHM for almost 15 years. Now all my kids are in school but it seems Im still extremely busy. We live away from family and it does get pretty lonely here at times. I call my sister to chat about once a day. My husband is a salesman so when he gets home he doesn't like TONS of chatter. He listens but I know he's tired. lol

The lonliness gotten worse since Ive lost weight though. The few friends I had made here now have some sort of "issue" with me losing weight. Its not like I talk about it unless asked and then I keep it brief. I don't get that at all. Oh well. Ive thought about going to school but Im just not sure what Id like to do yet. My confidence is still pretty low.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I never realized it could be such a lonely situation to be in. I've never had children but had stayed at home for a couple years while going to school and I could see myself getting socially rusty day by day. I have been so grateful to get a job on top of school and am also involved in church a couple times a week. I crave social interaction even just to keep a regular habit of it so I don't fall out of the day to day things.

I really really hope if I ever have kids I can stay at work full time because I couldn't do the SAHM thing. Too much seclusion from the rest of the world. Just have to keep work at 40 hours a week and hope the husband will be a good team partner. Kids are awesome but I think for me as a person, I would have to be working to really enjoy being a parent. :tongue:
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Oh, sorry I thought this was going to be a "fill in the blank" and my answer was going to be "chocolate".

me too but I was going to say VODKA lol
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I was a stay at home mom for about a year. Not having anyone to talk to all day besides my baby was one of the 982734087208734 reasons I went back to work.

Just to clarify--I'm not knocking SAHMs, it's just not for me, and wasn't the best choice for my family.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome job, but overlooked a lot. My little one is going through the terrible twos. I got desperate today and gave him a teaspoon of coffee, because my Mom said that it mellows out hyperactive kids. I hate to say it, but he's calmer now....