Believe a psychic?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If a psychic could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in psychics.

hmmm when God or Jesus could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in them.
    Neither psychics nor any god I'm aware of has ever said they would/could give you this information, so I'm not sure why it would be a factor.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like cheese.
  • BTag3
    BTag3 Posts: 14
    Options
    It's easy to make fun of stuff you don't understand, I totally get what all these skeptics are saying. I think a lot of this stuff is a bunch of bunk and an easy way to get other people's money. That being said, years ago a friend and I went to a woman psychic who we heard of through word of mouth. She didn't advertise or dress up or anything. She looked like a school teacher. She let us tape her sessions with us. She was so spot on about us that it was freaky. My friend took the tapes and tore them up and threw them away she was so freaked out. The stuff she predicted was not standard type stuff and we still talk about how amazing the whole thing was. And no, there was no way she knew anything about us, she didn't even ask us any questions, just sat down and told us how things were likely going to be. Wish I could remember her name so I could contact her again and tell her how right she was... but I guess she probably already knows.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I admitted that it was something that I was looking for in her reading to come true. I was only having fun with it. But, if it gives people a sense of calmness after a loved one dies or something positive to look forward to...why not?
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was always a sceptic but went to one a year or so ago out of curiosity. I didn't tell her my name, phoned from work, didn't even give her clues along the way yet she told me things no one coud have known, even people who knew me. She told me I had a daughter, even described her hair. She said I had lost my father, said he was at my wedding, how could she have known he died before I wed? Described by Nan and Grandma's perfectly and frighteningly told me my mum had issues with her brain. I already knew this as she'd been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a while before but it wasnt common knowledge. Some talk of mind reading or body language but things were brought up I'd never considered and things mentioned that I'd not thought about in a while.

All these things are a mystery and I'll still remain slightly sceptical due to the stories of deceipt you hear; however, the things she told me gave me great comfort and if that's all you get from seeing one, is it not worth it?

It's your choice what you believe.
    X
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Some people have the ability developed just like some can paint, some can sing. There are lots of frauds and folks who are good at picking up on what you say and turning your reading into a type of counseling they call a reading. But when you find a good one, awesome! My mom is psychic and I have a good friend who is too. Neither does it for a living, but it is amazing when they connect. edited to correct spelling.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Don't believe in it whatsoever. I've asked several as I'm a strong skeptic and they all refuse saying I won't relax enough for it to work. Showing that its simply suggestion at play. Rather like NLP or the like.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If a psychic could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in psychics.

Me too!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    totally,I have been amazed at the things mine knows,yes I have one person that reads for me. She never ceases to amaze me,I think everyone has a gift, some abuse that,some use it for good. You just need to be able to apot the phonies in life, not just psychics.