A great site to check your body fat.

Options

Replies

• luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had a body scan done on Thursday, and the results I got from this website are pretty close to what the machine scan said. At least they were well within the margin for error. Thanks for sharing the site!
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I did both the Livestrong one and the Health Central one.

Livestrong = 41.6
    HealthCentral = 38.5

Of course I like a 3 better than a 4! Geez and to see the one site say I have 72.4 pounds of fat. Yikes that sounds horrid.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It has me at:
    You have 26% body fat.

You have 58.8 Pounds of fat and 167.2 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
    So I want to basically lose all my fat? lol I mean I'm pushing to weigh 170lbs or less.
    My Trainer's body fat measurer last said I was at 38% in January, I don't think I've lost that much body fat in 2 months.
    http://www.livestrong.com/tools/body-fat-calculator/ Told me I'm at 38.27% which is probably close. I'm probably about at 36-38% Which is high, I know, but that's why I'm working on it.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    LOL

I don't know about this website ... my scale tells me I've got 45% body fat, this website told me 26% based on my measurements ... that's a HUGE difference. Not to mention this site didn't ask for height, which to mean would seem necessary as that could greatly alter the body fat %/body composition??

I think they should have asked for height as well. But is seems pretty accurate but not perfect. It said I had 23.5% body fat and that would put me were I want to be.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Accuate???? Not according the the readings I have from a doctor and a trainer at the gym. (who both by the way come in at 22-24%)

The site you posted says that i have 32% body fat! Given that i am 5'6 and 140lbs its hardly possible, also it doesnt take into consideration that i have a lot of muscle, just how big the circumference is. By this website a body builder with huge thighs and clafs would have high body fat.

A lot of people could have really bad feelings after using this type of guesstimte for BF.

Please people, educate yourself before you post, its the internet not a doctor, if you want a real estimate go to a nutritionist, doctor, or trainer and get measured with a real metric.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Overall, I agree this site has a more accurate formula for determining body fat percentage. Using this site my body fat percentage is 22%. Using calipers it's 21%.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Well i don't know....

this test gives me 22.5%. very nice.
    But livestrong gives me 25.9%
    My Salter bio scale (where you stand with barefeet and it passes a current) gives me 31.5% :noway:

I would be tempted to go with the bio scale, BUT, I'm 5'5", quite fit, 120lbs, with a 29" waist- 31.5% sounds a bit much!!!

No one in this country has heard of the pod thing, so that's not an option...
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Says 19% for me... the Wii has me at like 24 or something.. Planned on getting tested at the gym too, we shall see how they all work out with each other.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Bad news for me is I'm at 29% BF (BF is NOT my BFF! but it could be my "big fat fanny" LOL) but the good news is that I have an ultimate goal of 20% BF, so that gives me just 14 lbs of jiggly fat to lose. As long as I protect my lean muscle and continue to build it, I'm only 14lbs from my goal! As a 56 yr old non-athlete female I think a 20% BF would be just fine.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Accuate???? Not according the the readings I have from a doctor and a trainer at the gym. (who both by the way come in at 22-24%)

The site you posted says that i have 32% body fat! Given that i am 5'6 and 140lbs its hardly possible, also it doesnt take into consideration that i have a lot of muscle, just how big the circumference is. By this website a body builder with huge thighs and clafs would have high body fat.

A lot of people could have really bad feelings after using this type of guesstimte for BF.

Please people, educate yourself before you post, its the internet not a doctor, if you want a real estimate go to a nutritionist, doctor, or trainer and get measured with a real metric.

My thighs are muscular due to weight training and spinning. I confess I was worried that would skew the numbers but it came pretty close to my trainer's evaluation.
  • Rokoska_wechanged
    Options
    I had a dexa scan about 2 months ago and was at 43% bf... This website told me 23.3%.... No way.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Not even close to accurate...
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I got 22.5% body fat which equals 29.5 lbs of fat and 101.5 lbs of muscle. I hope it is accurate!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i used this one and the live strong and mine were very similar . live strong was 27.94 and this site was 27. last time i used one of the scale i was 28.something and i was a bit heavier too... so all very accurate for me!

what does one think a good body fat % is for me being that i am 5 ft 2 inches and a med build?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Mine said:
    You have 18.1% body fat.

You have 29 Pounds of fat and 131 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Livestrong has me at 19.01%

Scientific Psychic has me at 18.8%

^^^ I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I am closer to 22% (down from an all time high of 56%... SWEET!)

I think this is because I have a ridiculously tiny waist (I'm 5'10" and weigh 160 pounds, but my waist is only 26.25") so it skews the numbers.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it seems that guessing based on pictures is more accurate than any of those tape measurement sites.

body-fat-levels-women21.jpg

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You have 21.4% body fat.

You have 33.6 Pounds of fat and 123.4 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

YAY!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Now we have at least 3 sources from this Post.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It;s completely inaccurate for me.

My scales give me 41%, LiveStrong gives me 39%, Scientific Psychic gives me 39% and your link?

31%. Yeah no.