Has anyone ever used Billy Blanks: Tae Bo Express?

Options
And gotten any results?

Just looking to add to my workout regime whilst waiting for decent weather.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Bump. Interested in finding out myself as I was looking in to getting the Billy Blanks' Tae Bo: The Ultimate Collection.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I use to do Tae Bo a few years ago until my tape died (ok, maybe more than a few). I liked it ok. My only complaint was the speed at which he moves, hard to keep up for me sometimes.

I did feel it was an all over body workout and i felt i could kick some a** if needed (something about all the punching and kicking)
  • MizzKaykay
    Options
    I started this one last week: http://youtu.be/xQGrrLpHy78

Since it has been less than a week I don't know about any results as far as weight/inches lost, but I can tell you that my body feels great, it really works my core (and I actually FOUND my core!).

I love it. So far tae bo and kickboxing are my favorite forms of exercise. I like Tae Bo for concentrating on core strength while doing cardio (I like a "choose your level" Pilates video for working on core strength without cardio) and Kickboxing for when I want to do more cardio and less core strength workout - and for feeling like a bad@ss. :tongue:
  • Mibrneydgrl
    Mibrneydgrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done Billy Blanks Tae-Bo off & on throughtout the last 12 years and can attest to the results. I have not done the "Express" one yet however. I have the tapes that I started with 10-12 years ago (beginner,intermediate, 7 minute) and I did them gradually until I was doing the intermediate (60 min) 5x a week. I dropped 35-40 back then to my healthy weight and I was very very toned. I started back up again a couple years ago with his "Boot Camp" and then this year with his "This is Tae bo" DVD; which is essentially an updated version of my original and I still love it. It is easy to follow along with, changes often enough that you don't feel like your dying & Billy does a great job of motivating & speaking to you through the tv during the whole workout right at the pivotal times you need him in your face!!! I LOVE IT. I have recommended it over and over and everyone who has tried it has liked it and seen results as well. Good Luck.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    I did the original back when you could still get them on VHS. I enjoyed them and always got a great sweat. Back then it was more for general fitness than for weight loss, so I was not really tracking the weight. I got some of his new er DVDs a few years ago, but I think they are still shrink wrapped.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I did the original back when you could still get them on VHS. I enjoyed them and always got a great sweat. Back then it was more for general fitness than for weight loss, so I was not really tracking the weight. I got some of his new er DVDs a few years ago, but I think they are still shrink wrapped.

That's funny! I know how that is. I got a some sort of set that was wildly popular at the time...what was it pilates? It came with a six series set and a huge book. I hope that the Veterans of Foreign Wars shop was able to sell it for a profit! (Donated and still shrink wrapped.) :tongue:

Thanks for everyone's input!
    Kind regards
    Marie
  • ktkatz
    ktkatz Posts: 6
    Options
    I just got Billy Blanks TaeBo Power. Man i only made it through 20 minutes, gonna have to work up to the 40 minute work out.
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago, also on VHS. I was only 17 years old but I lost 3" around my stomach within a week without changing food habits and only doing 30mins a day.

I will do it again after my 30 day shred with Jillian Micheals.
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    Cool, then I'm going to get the Tae Bo Express then. Although I have a Jullian Michaels dvd, I find her horribly bothersome. Though out this thing she complains about people on Facebook and Twitter......Hummmm I didn't pay for this dvd to hear her complain. It was a good thing that it was only $10 at Walmart.
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I have been doing Tae Bo for years and LOVE Billy Blanks! I have several of his dvds. Some are tougher than others, but most are a great workout. Right now I am doing Tae Bo Explosion. It is a really good workout. He incorporates some HIIT in with his traditional Tae Bo moves, which I think is a better way of burning calories. I find Billy much more interesting and movitivating compared with Jillian..I am going to order her new kickboxing dvd that comes out tomorrow, though. Love to try any new kickboxing workouts.
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    I find Billy much more interesting and movitivating compared with Jillian..I am going to order her new kickboxing dvd that comes out tomorrow, though. Love to try any new kickboxing workouts.

Thanks! Dido about Billy verses Jillian....
  • miey8201
    miey8201 Posts: 6
    Options
    love tae bo!!! very motivating and works out areas of my body that im not even trying to work out! been using it for the past 6 weeks with great results.:smile:
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    love tae bo!!! very motivating and works out areas of my body that im not even trying to work out! been using it for the past 6 weeks with great results.:smile:

Thanks...I'm convinced. I'm ordering it from Walmart today!

Thanks for your input! :flowerforyou:
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump to read later... thanks!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Love Billy BLanks! You get a heck of a workout and will feel it the next day. Most of his DVDs do have a tutorial section that will review the moves if you think he moves too fast - plus, practice makes perfect. His Ripped Xtreme is KILLER!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks is great. Yes, some workouts are too fast, others are too slow. Go to

collagevideo.com to look for reviews & video clips. This will help you weed out the (less than) average ones.

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/billy-blanks-exercise-videos-14

A couple that I really like: This is Tae Bo & Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 2 (Circuit 1 is faster actually)
  • miey8201
    miey8201 Posts: 6
    Options
    im glad i could help!! trust me im always trying to encourage people to do tae bo!! hope it works as great for you as it does for me!! keep me updated!!!! everyone needs encouragment sometimes... =P
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :heart: Tae Bo, Billy and Shellie too. I'm an old school VHS tape die hard fan too. Just bought his Tae Bo Live Extreme DVD (2012-2013 version) on sale at Target. I just did it for the first time on Monday. Billy, as usual, it KICKED MY HINNY and Ai :heart:ed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it even though it was intense and REALLY fast. Pretty much same as hisVHS tapes, but more modern. :Laugh: Prior to trying this newDVD, I haven't done his VHS tapes for about 10 years, when I lost 40+ lbs prior to my wedding and pre - babies (2 children, now soon to be 7 and 5), along with Weight Watchers, Nordic Track ClassicSki Machine and Callan Pinckney Callanetics VHS tapes. :smile:
  • ejones56
    ejones56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks work outs. I like the ultimate Tae Bo the 10th anniversary edition and I feel great after I do it. It has been awhile, but I hope to get back to it.
  • annemarie1103
    Options
    I've been doing tae Bo since his original workouts were around. Billy blanks started it all, if you follow him you can see that all these other workouts always have something he created in there. They will get you in shape. I have all his DVDs, I no longer have the originals that I started with because they were VHS but he does have a nice variety. His workout DVDs with the bands are great. They will help with cardio, balance, your core, and you will burn calories.