Where do you get your recipes?

Replies

• lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    bumping for future...thanks y'all!
  • Trick: Cook your chicken stock, let it cool then put in fridge over night. Next morning what fat there is will lie in a layer on the top. You can just skim it off leaving your stock very low fat and healthy. Good luck.

Thanks oodles! I had no idea you could do that! I'll have to give it a try!
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    i make things up........i have about a 80 percent sucess and 20 percent ....needs revamp but i think i am shrinking that number
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    I really like skinnytaste.com. I've tried several of the recipes there & they're really good. My whole family will eat them, including the Garlic Tilapia I made yesterday. The healthy Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Spinach Rolatini & Chicken Cordon Bleu are also really good. Experiment. I'm definitely not a domestic goddess, but I was playing around this weekend & made, what I think is, a killer spinach stuffed portabello mushroom that was about 120 calories & 16gm of protein. Be creative. Have fun!
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    Trick: Cook your chicken stock, let it cool then put in fridge over night. Next morning what fat there is will lie in a layer on the top. You can just skim it off leaving your stock very low fat and healthy. Good luck.

if you make a clear stock you won't have to trim the fat off the next morning....i make my own and it has good flavor but does not need to have fat removed next morning because of the prep the night before
  • cherylzzz
    cherylzzz Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for posting. Lots of helpful sites !!!
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    I love the cooking magazine called Eating Well. Clean Eating is also very good as is Cooking Light magazine. Bobby Flay did a cookbook called Grilling for Life that has yummy (but somewhat labor intensive) recipes.:happy:
  • LauraMcCullough
    LauraMcCullough Posts: 16 Member
    PINTEREST!!!!!!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    There is a cookbook - Eating for Life - by Bill Phillips, who is the creator of Body for Life. They are really great, balanced, healthy recipes.

I agree with @LauraMcCullou too...Pinterest is awesome and inspiring!
  • chrissiepooh
    chrissiepooh Posts: 45 Member
    hungrygirl.com and weightwatchers.com i also have recipe exchange i do every week, and the recipes i get on there, I turn to low fat or low cal for myself. if u want in on it, add me and i'll send you a message about it.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    I get mine from Rosemary Conelly Mag and website x
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    bump. I've been wondering the same thing as the poster...
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Trick: Cook your chicken stock, let it cool then put in fridge over night. Next morning what fat there is will lie in a layer on the top. You can just skim it off leaving your stock very low fat and healthy. Good luck.

if you make a clear stock you won't have to trim the fat off the next morning....i make my own and it has good flavor but does not need to have fat removed next morning because of the prep the night before

A great way to make your own vegetable stock ............Every time you cut up fresh vegetables, instead of throwing out the peel, etc. put them into a ziploc bag and store in freezer and keep adding to that until you have enough to make your stock. Just bring a pot of water to boil, add your frozen veggie parts add salt and pepper and simmer. When done, strain the stock and use or pour into ziploc bags and freeze until you need them. :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    PINTEREST!!!!!!

^^ I love pinterest.. Everything i have made is to die for :)
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    bump
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    These are great. Thanks for sharing.
  • Pinterest!
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    I like skinnytaste.com and eatingwell.com. I also use bettycrocker.com a lot, but I can sub reg sour cream for low fat, etc etc. They have great recipes, though. :)
  • You know, I have a pinterest and I'm on there quite frequently, but I never thought to use it for recipes! Thanks for the idea!