Did you know?

Options
banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
the most common vegetable eaten in the United States is......

drum roll please...........

the FRENCH FRY!

Now that's scary!
Replace your french fries with carrot sticks I say!

Replies

• banks1850
    Options
    the most common vegetable eaten in the United States is......

drum roll please...........

the FRENCH FRY!

Now that's scary!
    Replace your french fries with carrot sticks I say!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :tongue: Thanks for letting us know........a few times!:wink:
  • arubabound
    Options
    LOL!!! Even I know that a french fry isn't really a vegetable......don't tell the kids....they'll rationalize McDonalds as healthy!!!
  • banks1850
    Options
    lol, that is weird, I don't know how that happened. I swear I didn't repost it
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Say it again Banks. This time with feeling! hahahahahahahehehehehehlololol:laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    vote banks for ban for spamming lmao
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    There's only ONE thing that's better than one post from Banks & that's two-or three-or four! :drinker:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lmao, what does this stand for, I see it alot and I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I see what it is :embarassed:

Thanks,
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    lmao, what does this stand for, I see it alot and I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I see what it is :embarassed:

Thanks,

L augh M y A ss O ff
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I totally believe that! What a shame. I actually love vegetables. Always have, even when heavier. I am eating more of them now and eating variety. It's great. I am also giving tons of interesting veggies to my son so he get's to liking them and "hopefully" won't be too fussy once he realizes they are "Gasp".......GOOD FOR HIM!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    ya know, I honestly have to say, I do not like or eat french fries, very rare I eat potatoes. I occassionally have a baked potatoe but share it with the hubby.

They just make me feel bloated.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I've actually been making my own oven baked fries a lot lately....sweet potato fries especially. YUM!!!

Also, if you want a nice "side" to your meal, the Mccains oven roasted potatoes are REALLY good and give me that fry kind of feeling.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've actually been making my own oven baked fries a lot lately....sweet potato fries especially. YUM!!!

Ohh I make those too! I love them!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    homemade fries are good...baked with olive oil, garlic, parma cheese.
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Thanks,

This website can help for (almost) all acronyms.
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/
  • natileebee
    Options
    I'm not a good cook. How do you make your own fries?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    What I do is slice a potato into desired pieces (or sometimes even buy them in pre-packaged spears), and I put mine in a bowl, spray a little pam on them to moisten and then sprinkle whatever seasonings you want. I like mine with a kick, so I often use garlic, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. I put a little salt on them too. Another good product are the Mrs. Dash seasonings. They add a ton of flavor without sodium.

Just pick whatever flavors you like and go with it! :) But the sweet potato fries are really good and they are SO good for you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you are right, those mccain roasted potatoes are SO good....... mmm meditterainian:laugh:
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    I was at a BBQ place in Dallas a few years ago with my brother. This weathered, old lady worked there and she was trying to explain the menu to a newbie. She told him "We gots french fries, cole slaw and onion rings. Dems da veg-ables."

I looked at my brother and said "Until just now I've never thought of onion rings as a "vegetable".:laugh:

Who knew? :tongue:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I was reading a recipe the other day where they made Butternut Squash fries in the oven... going to give that a go sometime!