Grab and go breakfast sandwiches

Options
With a little prep ahead of time you can have low cal, pre-made breakfast sandwiches for a couple of weeks!

You will need:

Homemade english muffins (really easy!) Recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351378-english-muffin- recipe?hl=english+muffins#posts-4748023

Eggs or egg whites: Use a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Crack an egg or egg white in to each compartment and bake at 350/180 degrees for 20 mins.

Thinly sliced, deli ham

low fat cheese (I used a half of a babybel-light)

Cut the muffins in half and lightly toast them. Assemble each sandwich with 1 egg/white, slice of ham, and slice of cheese. Individually wrap and freeze. Microwave and serve as desired.

Mine turned out to be 129 cals and 2 grams of fat (egg white only)!

Replies

• liscain
    liscain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow, these sound awesome!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Even my kidlets would love these! What a great idea!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazingly good!
  • sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    I started out making them ahead of time and freezing them, but I've started making them every morning in less than 5 min.

Toast the muffin. While it's cooking, crack an egg in a greased microwave safe dish, about as big around as the muffin. Poke the yolk then cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for about 30 sec. Then I like to take it out, break the yolk, and mix it up a little. Recover and cook for about 20 sec. While the egg is finishing, put your canadian bacon or ham on 1 side of the muffin and the cheese on the other (still in the oven). After the cheese is warm, put everything together and enjoy. Or wrap in foil to take with you.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful! I never even thought of using a muffin tin like that :D I am all about breakfast sandwiches and find myself making them at least 3 or 4 times a week with the 100 calorie bagel thins but having them premade is a great time saver!