Heart Rate Monitor

Options
xMsAlly
xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
What kind of heart rate monitor are you using, and would you recommend it to a friend?

Replies

• kazzamcamille
    kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Yes i love it. Counts calories and gives you where your heart rate should be. I got it for 60$ at bodytronics.com :)
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 for me too.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 - Love it!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 for me too, simple to use and very accurate. I love it.....:heart:
  • Lmkurtz725
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 610 and bought Garmin's heart rate monitor that works with the watch. It's pretty amazing how this all works. I have the watch set to alert me when I burn 100 calories and alert me if my heart rate is too low or too high. I'm able to sync this with my computer and it computes calories burned and shows your heart rate throughout your entire workout. It's a bit pricey...I paid $285 for the watch (got it on eBay) and $69 for the heart rate monitor at REI. Next I'm going to buy the foot pod so that the GPS will work at the gym.
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and Polar FT40. FT7 is a nice basic model. I love them both because I can transmit all my workout info to the Polar Personal Trainer site via FlowLink (available separately) and track my workouts and progress. I use the site mainly for making sure I work out in my fitness zone a minimum of 150 minutes/week and for seeing calories burned. You can also manually enter information into the Polar Personal Training site.

I would definitely recommend either the FT7 or FT40 to a friend.

Good luck!!!

Jackie
  • woodstockmom
    woodstockmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I'll look into the Polar!!! thanks
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60...LOVE it!!!!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline and HATE it. Hard to figure out, stops midway, picks up vibration from the treadmill.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 and also love it!!
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7...love it! Only problem I've ever had is occassionally I don't wet the strap enough and it only gets half my workout but that's an easy fix!
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    I have a Polar F7...love it! Only problem I've ever had is occassionally I don't wet the strap enough and it only gets half my workout but that's an easy fix!

Wet the strap?
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in the Polar. Thanks everyone for your responses :)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Have the Garmin FT60 gps watch with HRM and footpod. Really like it so far.

What I've found is most gym equipment that can pick up a HRM signal seems to only work with Polar. My garmin HRM only works with the watch. Downside, have to wear a watch while exercising. Upside, no interference from other HRMs in the gym. Easy set up, ANT+ USB stick wirelessly transfers data from the watch to your computer and auto uploads it to Garmin's website. Don't like that I have to log into Garmin's website to access my data, but it's not so bad that I can't put up with it. Footpod is great for tracking walking/running mileage outdoors or indoor on the treadmill.

In the 4+ weeks I've had it, never had any problems with it. It's a factory refurbished item, got it from Garmin's website.
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    FT4 - affordable, straightforward, and accurate. best of luck!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Polar FT7 (my wonderful hubby bought it for me for Valentine's Day..or else I would have gotten the FT4). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....it will really help you with your workouts, b/c you get immediate feedback.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just dug up my old (i think it's been over 10 years) polar m21, had to cut open the chest strap to replace the battery and i'll need to get a new band for the wristwatch, it just fell apart...
    it also only counts calories if the heart rate is above 100.
    other than that, it's great :tongue: - i'd recommend a non-antique model though...
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Just FYI...the Polar FT7 (and FT4...which is an older version of the FT7) comes with the watch and then a strap with the hrm that you wear around your chest (to monitor your heart). You have to wet the strap in order for the hrm to work properly (not a lot...I usually just wet my finger under the faucet & smear it on there). When I was looking to buy a hrm, I couldn't find any info about this, so I thought I would bring it up so it is more understandable to people who have never used one. Hope that helps!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love my FT7. I have had it for about a month and purchased it at bodytronics for $73, that was the total price with shipping and taxes. I would recommended to a friend and has told my sister to buy one.