Lightly Active and Logging

Options
Hey everyone. Im sure this has been asked many times but I can't seem to find a thread with answers. Ive been on mfp for 2 months. I set my daily activity level to lightly active, i walk 40 minutes to and from work, and I'll do that twice in one day a couple of days a week. At work Im on my feet but nothing major just standing and walking around the shop floor. I've been logging my walks (usually I just log it as 60 minutes instead of 80 so its not overestimated). But should I not be logging this as excercise if my profile is set to lightly active? I eat back my excercise calories but now I'm wondering am I entitled to these extra calories or have they already been factored in? Thanks for any advice :)

Replies

• gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're doing it correctly.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I set mine in as not active even though I'm a stay at home mum to 2 very active kids. I exercise about 5 times a week and then try and eat back the cals from that as I know I've earned them. Maybe reset if your worried about the effects to not active then log exercise were appropriate. Good luck with your goals x
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i would personally only add in exercises that i do outside of my everyday routine. when your goals are calculated they are based on your level of activity throughout the day. that is already factored in, in my opinion anyway.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to sedentary (also a stay at home mom) and "maintainence". I then find out my BMR - which changes as you lose - and eat about 100 above that. The difference is my deficit toward weight loss.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I may change it to sedentary and log my walks, the whole walking 1.5 or 2.5 hours a day is something Ive only been doing since November so I figured it wasn't something my body was very used to. My sedentary daily calories seem to only be 150 or so less than lightly active so it seems manageable!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Are you getting the results you want? Then you're doing the right thing. If you're not, tweak things (more calories or less calories) until you are getting the results you want.