Darn You Girl Scout Cookies!

Options
kmard81
kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
Erg!!!! So upset with myself...I said I wasnt going to buy an this year and I did today from somone at work...now sitting here at work at 10pm, I just dug in after saying I wasnt going to do it (was going to save it for a splurge day) not to mention its late and thats not good to be eating like that so late...and sadly enough, I devoured the entire box....definitley wasnt worth it :(

But, tomorrow is another day...back to the gym!

Replies

• RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    i just learned that myself (the hard way) not on girl scout cookies, but french fries. tomorrow is another day add extra minutes to your workout and forgive yourself for being human..
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know how ya feel. I love girl scout cookies we have some my favorites are the samoas but I try to limit myself whenever I eat them to just 2 which is the serving size, but heck just 2 is 140 calories so i always remind myself of that.
  • JohnFlevarakis
    Options
    "Lemonades" *drool*
  • kmard81
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement and yes, it was samoas!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Erg!!!! So upset with myself...I said I wasnt going to buy an this year and I did today from somone at work...now sitting here at work at 10pm, I just dug in after saying I wasnt going to do it (was going to save it for a splurge day) not to mention its late and thats not good to be eating like that so late...and sadly enough, I devoured the entire box....definitley wasnt worth it :(

But, tomorrow is another day...back to the gym!

I hear ya! They were at the home and garden show. I was blindsided!!!:noway:
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I helped my sister to sell them. She is a Girl Scout Leader. I can not eat them. All the cookies have soy in them. I am allergic to soy beans. So I cant eat them at all. Its a good thing when you see them everywhere for sale.
  • tjakatjs
    tjakatjs Posts: 11
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that cursed the poor Girl Scouts! They should change their sales window so those darned things get delivered BEFORE New Year's Resolutions are made. I don't even like the things that much but an opened package is an empty package at my house!
  • kmard81
    Options
    I helped my sister to sell them. She is a Girl Scout Leader. I can not eat them. All the cookies have soy in them. I am allergic to soy beans. So I cant eat them at all. Its a good thing when you see them everywhere for sale.

and thats partly why I bought them...to support the girl scouts...will have to remember next year instead of buying for me, I will buy and donate to soliders overseas :)
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    They definitely need to put less thin mints in a plastic sleeve. One sleeve=one portion, right? ;)

But it's easier for me to skip them now. Our new combined council went with the not-so-good bakery, which just isn't the same as the Little Brownie (Keebler) cookies.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Lol. I bought 5 (yes 5!) of my niece last year then they came after I started MFP. I had to put them in a high cabinet shelve. I have to get a step stool to get them :)
  • applejacks1552
    Options
    Let me follow that up with "Damn you Easter Candy!"

Worst part is, I didn't buy it! My husband did. He knows I'm a total sucker for those Robin's Eggs.

I mean, come on! I wouldn't offer an alcoholic a drink, why do the people I love keep giving me these naughty treats?!

So far I've managed to stick to half the serving size most days and haven't devoured the entire bag . . . yet. : (
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of boxes and when I got them home seperated the into baggies, 3 cookies to a bag. Now If I really want one I grab a bag instead of the box. Seems to be working so far for me.
  • kmard81
    Options
    I bought a couple of boxes and when I got them home seperated the into baggies, 3 cookies to a bag. Now If I really want one I grab a bag instead of the box. Seems to be working so far for me.

what a great idea!
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    We bought some because we knew one of the Scouts and ride with her parents, then bought two more boxes because the little girl was so cute and disappointed because no one was buying. These do freeze well, so if you're really tempted, freeze them according to serving size in zip-loc bags.
  • brendafnp
    brendafnp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I donated the $4 and didn't bring any home because I knew my husband and I would just keep eating them until they were all gone. Love those Thin Mints!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I bought 7 boxes from my niece, 3 boxes from my cousin's daughter, and 1 box from a coworker's daughter (all samoas/thin mints). WHAT?!?!? IT'S FOR THE GIRLS!!!!! :wink:
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Let me follow that up with "Damn you Easter Candy!"

Worst part is, I didn't buy it! My husband did. He knows I'm a total sucker for those Robin's Eggs.

I mean, come on! I wouldn't offer an alcoholic a drink, why do the people I love keep giving me these naughty treats?!

So far I've managed to stick to half the serving size most days and haven't devoured the entire bag . . . yet. : (

Oh, don't even get me started on stale Peeps (my husband actually slits holes in the package so by the time I get them they're good and hard)!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    that is why i refused to buy any! last year my roommate and i bought 1 box of thin mints, 1 of samoas, and 1 of lemonades...gone in 3 days! tomorrow is a new day! <3
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter in girl guides and we have to take 2 cases home to sell. Eeeeek. We end up consuming some before we actually sell any <blush>
  • NancyFancyboy
    Options
    A tool developed by Satan for sure...Girl Scout Cookies! LOL For the first time, I didn't buy any this year--I was determined! Then one of last year's students called me on her daddy's cell and asked if I'd buy some. Of course, I did. I only ate three, though, and when I picked them up to get into them again, I gave one to each of my students in class. Problem solved! Cookies bought, happy former student, food not wasted, and better yet? Food not down my throat!

Congratulations on your 16 lb. loss! That's wonderful! I hit 11 today.

Nancy F.