Options
Super_mom
Super_mom Posts: 185
Just got the Ninja System:smile: and would love to make some good smoothies,

Replies

• Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I made one this morning and it was really easy. I tossed in 1 cup of Dole frozen strawberries, peaches, and bannana mix, and about 1 cup of 1% milk. I have the Ninja and it was so easy. It was actually quite a bit of smoothie and I ended up putting it in the fridge and taking hits from it whenever I got a little hungry as I was running around cleaning my house.I wish it had a little sugar, but that's sort of against the point right? lol.

I am also looking for different recipes and saw one on pinterest that incorporated frozen fruit, and spinach. I went to google and saw a few. I'll let you know how they turn out!
  • melcasa
    melcasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A great way to make a filling smoothie is by using your favorite fruits and then building from there. I usually add protein powder and oats. Yes oats! I pre-grind the oats usually in a coffee bean blender (but your ninja will def. do the job!) then I put it to the side. I blend the liquidy items first. If you want to add dairy like milk or yogurt do that. Once you have all your soft foods blended add the oats, protein powder, etc. This is so filling. I also add ground flax seed (although this adds a sawdust like consistency so beware >.< )
  • mybella2011
    mybella2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is website to my favorite breakfast smoothie:

http://www.chiquitabananas.com/Banana-Recipes/Banana-Oatmeal-Smoothie-recipe.aspx

FYI try with just 1 cup of ice instead of 2 (comes out thicker, more filling) and I always just use 1 banana.

The banana gives a sweet taste so no sugars needed :-)
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this is mine straight from my recipes:
    Premium Gold - Milled Flaxseed, 6.5 g 35
    Trader Joe's - Coconut Milk Beverage - Unsweetened, 1 cup 60
    Spectrum Essentials - Chia Seeds, 1 Tbsp 60
    Strawberries - Fresh, 0.5 cup 25
    Fresh - Bluberries, 0.5 cup (75g) 40
    Bananas - Raw, 0.5 small (6" to 6-7/8" long) 45
    Max Muscle - High 5 Protein Powder, 1 scoop, about 32g 118
    Ingwerg - Ginger: Fresh, Raw, 1 tsp (2g) 1
    I alternate coconut mile and almond milk, also only use fresh berries when on sale otherwise I use frozen