Facebook or My Fitness Pal?

Options

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like them both equally. Both sites are addicting.
  • pierogiprincess
    pierogiprincess Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Got rid of my Facebook! Too much drama, in fighting and gossip. Don't like others putting my info and pictures on without my approval. MFP is my pick! It's uplifting and positive!:love:
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use both, but I believe I'm on MFP justa lil more than FB =)
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    For me it is a tie between Twitter and MFP, I am on both sites....well....all the time.
    FB, I may check it once a day or so but not nearly as much as I did 3-4 years ago.

If someone is being a constant drama queen/king on either of the sites they get deleted or hidden.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hahaha i posted on my MFP status the other day saying that I log onto here more nowadays.

I think my friends would get a tad bit annoyed after a while if I was constantly posting about nutrition and exercise!! haha (I'm pretty sure that they get annoyed with the amount I post about it at this point anyway :laugh: )
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    MFP hands down. I haven't been on Facebook in a couple of years and don't have much desire to go back. Right now losing weight is such a huge thing in my life that it's great to be on a site where everyone is all about the food and exercise.
  • masonwalsh
    masonwalsh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As someone who doesn't have an accountability partner, myfitnesspal fills that void for me. Every time I log on I see where I'm at, what I need to do, and basically how to make it happen.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    MFP. I actually hate Facebook with a burning passion though
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Before I joined this site, I was a die-hard Facebook addict; however, the tables have now turned, so that My Fitness Pal has won hands down.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Both. Facebook is how I keep in touch with the friends I've met, and my extended family. MFP for other reasons.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    MFP... People actually care here
    I agree, on facebook I could post a thousand status updates and not have one persom comment. Also I am sick and tired of ffarmville request I will explode
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think sites like MFP will become more and more influential over time. Some of us want smaller communities to deal with certain issues in our lives. I don't need a friend from HS commenting on my workouts and food diary every day, which is exactly what would happen on Facebook. A community of everybody isn't a community.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    MFP... People actually care here

Funny that... Specially when Facebook is supposed to be full of your "friends" lol
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like hanging out here more than Facebook now
  • mzlynnduh
    mzlynnduh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like...
    1. instagram -love seeing photographs.
    2. myfitnesspal/Facebook the same.
    I'm new to mfp and none of my friends are on here it gets lonely sometimes x_x
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like both and usually have one or both open. MFP might have a slight edge though, FB doesn't help me lose weight!
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    MFP, I actually deleted my FB around the time I started here It was too much drama & negative ppl that are supposed to be your friends, but just seem jealous when they see you doing good. So I rather share this experience with supportive & encouraging ppl(: Ill probably be back to fb once I reach my goal weight with new friends & deleting some old ones. Lol
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    MFP...i used to have facebook then got tired of hearing about what other people are doing....seriously i don't give a crap
    however i do like hearing about nutrition and exercise
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I deleted my Facebook

Now I spend too much time on here!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like FB better, sorry......:) It's way more entertaining, I do like this site too, very helpful!