How often do you weigh yourself.

Options
Hi
Does everyone weigh themselves once a week,every couple of days, every time they goto the toilet....lol just kidding on the last one.
I weigh myself 2-3 times a week. My partner weighs every day.

Replies

• kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    I weigh myself EVERY morning after I wake up. It's a habit I cannot seem to break. I don't let the numbers discourage me though because I feel amazing :)
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm the same,every morning... It keeps me focused :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to my scale. Sometimes I weigh 2 or 3 times a day. I am extremely addicted to it.
  • Methras
    Methras Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. This is beacuse you go up and down several times during the day, so to stand there and look at the same numbers are discouraging (atleast for me) but if I do it once every week, then I can use the number to see if I've actually lost weight.
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    Options
    Only on a Monday morning - always after my exercise and breakfast - that way I get a constant reading.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I try to do it once a week at the same time/day, but I do find myself checking during the week as well.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily, i like to see what makes my weight go up or down and it keeps me accountable x
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Once in the morning and once at night before bed. I swear its never the same number.
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    Daily, first thing after going to the toilet and before getting dressed.

As was said above it keeps me accountable, helps me keep an eye on my hydration and I can keep an eye on hormonal fluctuations. Also I'm able to keep the calories burnt estimates on Runkeeper etc more accurate when my weight measurement is up to date.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I weigh only once a week. Weighing every day would drive me insane with the weight fluctuations during the week It is really hard not to step on that scale though, but everytime I have done it I have been dissappointed. So I have been pretty good about not getting on it.
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    First thing of the day, after I pee, completely naked. That way there is consistency.
    Weighing daily shows me the changes in my body...what did I eat to cause me to weigh heavier, etc.?
    Just a personal preference
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I weigh myself every day, same time and I record it in a "personal journey" grid. I don't really pay any attention to the number, to me it's just a number, what I look for is over all trends. I also make notes in this grid of days gone to gym and what I did, if I missed a gym, if it's that TOM, if I had a bad day at work/emotional/eating etc. These help to watch the trends. My body fluctuates A LOT and I have learned that even if I go up one day, my up isn't as high as a previous up and my downs go lower then previous downs so over all it's an OBVIOUS downward trend.

Plus, when I hit those milestones like "Ladyiianae has logged in for 60 days in a row!!" I can look up to 60 days before and see where I WAS compared to where I am now. So even though on day 60 I may be up 2 lbs from the day before....I will most likely be WAY down from where I was 60 days before. It helps ME to see the BIG picture in this very slow and steady ride I am on.

up AND down in Minnesota,
    Jennifer
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When I weigh it is always morning, before I eat or drink anything
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Lately it depends on how confident I am that I'll see a number I want to see. So every day right now (trying to hit that 205, then keep heading down to onederland), but last week? Scale? Ha! What scale? I don't own a scale!

I know I can get obsessive about it though, and really cranky when I'm working hard and not seeing the numbers I want to see, so I try to limit it to at most once a day, and I think I'm probably happier and saner at twice a week.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing after going to the toilet and before getting dressed.

As was said above it keeps me accountable, helps me keep an eye on my hydration and I can keep an eye on hormonal fluctuations.

Same here!!
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in two weeks. I can get easily discouraged by the numbers, so I eat right and exercise, and then when I weigh myself I see a sizable difference. I do occasionally check my measurements though, especially if something is loose that wasn't before.
  • kmfolkins
    kmfolkins Posts: 64
    Options
    Once a week! :happy:
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    twice/three times a day and I can't help it :/
  • realsolarina
    Options
    At the moment, once a week on Monday morning as soon as I get up - thats my official weigh in day. I do occasionally have a mid week peek too.

When I've been at lower weights (most recently at 128lbs lowest) I used to weigh myself a lot, just for the joy of seeing such numbers lol
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing once a week on Monday mornings as soon as I get up.