weigh-in day. what's best?

Options
just wondering if there was some consensus as to what is the best day to do a weigh-in?
i was leaning toward thursday...but i'd love to get some feedback.

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    When I weigh (I try to limit it to once a month), I do it on Saturday morning. I find I do much better Mon-Fri with healthy food choices than I do on the weekends, so the scale is kinder before the weekend begins.
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh-in on a monday morning but i might change it to a saturday now as i can never stick to it 100% at the weekends.
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I used to weigh in Sunday mornings, but I find Friday mornings works better for me. :)
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    my weighing day is a saturday, but do find it hard not weigh myself during the week
  • ftprntz40
    ftprntz40 Posts: 14
    Options
    I've just changed my weigh in day to a Friday morning am before breakfast. Friday night is treat night for our family so I want to feel encouraged when I step on the scales, knowing I've done well all week, rather than get weighed on a Saturday knowing what I've eaten the night before!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    For me, its saturday. Around noon. As long as you are consistent, thats the most important part
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We started with Monday as our official weigh-in day but have switched to Friday as soon as we get up. Hubby prefers Friday as it gives him plenty of time then to work off any over-indulgences of the weekend
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sunday morning. We have a big family dinner every Sunday and it helps me keep on track if I have had a good weigh in. So far, I have had a loss every week that I have been on mfp and it has really helped me to think about how much I am eating at out dinners. =)
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You are weighing for comparative purposes yes? To see weight change one week to the next? In which case it doesn't matter what day it is, only that you weigh under the same conditions.

So for myself I compare week on week on a Friday which is always day 6 of my week (Saturdays are an off diet day), I follow the same moderate carb diet during those 6 days, week in week out and follow broadly the same exercise routine. Therefore Friday morning, after rising and toilet I am measuring under the same circumstances so it's a good comparative measure.

Sunday's would be useless for me since some Saturdays (my off day) I'll eat 2500 cals and others I'll eat 4000. The carb and water loading effects there would alter my weight by 2kgs, so impossible to compare.

So my opinion is you should pick any day where the week on week routine is the same. So if your Thursdays always follows a Tuesday and Wednesday where you've eaten approx same, done the same workout then you should be good.

Hope that makes sense, msg me if not.
  • mickyjg
    mickyjg Posts: 49
    Options
    I always weigh in on a Monday as that's the official start of a working week..
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh in day is Friday morning. It's normally when i'm at my lowest b/c I've worked hard all week and I typically allow myself the weekend to enjoy a few drinks, so by weighing Friday I have all week to work those off. :drinker:
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in on a Friday morning to give me a bit of slack for the weekend but it started to get outta control so now I weigh in on a wensday morning.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Friday morning, and try to be good up until friday night - this allows me 2 nights max to sensibly enjoy myself, and then have 5 days to work to get rid of it - i find if i dont haev my wee treats, i binge and undo all my weeks of hard work in one go
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh in day is Friday morning. It's normally when i'm at my lowest b/c I've worked hard all week and I typically allow myself the weekend to enjoy a few drinks, so by weighing Friday I have all week to work those off. :drinker:
    agreed!!
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I do Saturday mornings since I do super all week! And it keeps me focused all weekend
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thursday for me and only because I finally got scales on the Wednesday and it was the morning after!!

I think towards the end of the week is best as it allows my body to compensate for weekend slips but it is relative as a weekly weigh in so it should not really matter.

I do jump on the scales in between and aware of the way my body fluctuates from day to day.
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi I weighin on a Wednesday morning it sort of gives you a chance to burn off the weekend but not too much so I don't go mad eating on the weekend! I use to weigh Monday's but found it too restrictive might change it to a Friday but will see how Wednesday's go for now.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh on Sunday morning....kept me good over the weekends! Now that I am at goal I have switched it to Fridays... took some pressure off me. Has been going very well! XO
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Mine is either Friday or Saturday for two reasons: firstly because I generally eat more at the weekends, and secondly because I usually have a rest day either Thursday or Friday and I ONLY weigh in after a rest day. Why? Because sore muscles weigh more!
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning for me. First thing after a trip to the bathroom! Usually around 6am/7am. Because Sunday is treat night for me and my man so weighing i weight in the morning before, then have all week to work hard :)