Attempt Number 4,522

Options
Hi there!

No, this is not really my 4,522th attempt at losing weight, but it sure feels like it. I must have almost an entire bookstore's worth of diet books lying around my house gathering dust. Each plan is the same old story: I do great for just a little while, driving along all peachy-keen. Then all of the sudden there's a truck tire in the middle of the road, and you hit the breaks ("I CAN"T STOP"!), your car falls off some random cliff that just happens to be there and decides to explode. The abulance shows up and the medic gets out screaming "Oh my god!" while the new guy's in the back puking his guts out. Anyone who has tried anything before this or seen the movie Tommy Boy knows what I'm talking about. Wish me luck.

peace.

Replies

• slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Graphic, lol. Well...good luck!
  • Roguerivergirl
    Roguerivergirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm back for another try myself. :ohwell:
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    LoL that was awesome! Yes been there done that. Happily on something now going on two years here shortly. You just need a whole new personal philosophy. If your philosophy is still the same you may re visit that scene all over again.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I loved your post! Been there done that and praying every day I don't do it again! I lost 50lbs in my early 20's and kept it off till my two kiddos.....If you need a buddy or support email me or you have the whole MFP group, they are awesome. Join a group on here to keep you motivated! If you can't find one, start one. Sometimes we need people to be held accountable to :0)
    Wishing you tons of luck!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? :wink:
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Nice "Tommy Boy" reference. I used to feel like the "Fat guy in a little coat" myself. Stick with the food diary and be accountable, no matter what. Good luck.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: