Opinions on Jillian Products...

Options
tjradd73
tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
Ok friends...I currently own JM "Ripped in 30", "The Shred", "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and "6 Week 6 Pack"...and I am looking to buy a couple of her other DVDs, but cannot decide which!?!?!?

The ones that are left, that I may be interested in are: "No More Trouble Zones", "Killer Bun and Thighs", Yoga Meltdown", and "Extreme Shed and Shred"...and I am for sure getting her new one coming out tomorrow, "Kickbox Fast Fix"!!! So...my question to you is: have you used any of these? Recommend or not recommend any of them? Are any of them TOO similar to the ones that I have already?Can you tell me what "type" of circuits they are? Any info would be greatly appreciated, to help me with my next purchase!!!

Also...I am looking into purchasing her adjustable speed weight set, and was wondering if anyone had anything to say about those...good or bad?!

Thanks for any info ahead of time!!!

Replies

• Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    bump ( i also own Ripped in 30 and Shred)

I do have killer bun and thighs. and yes it kills. Worth getting! I've not advanced past level one yet as i'm using Ripped in 30 mostly at the moment.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks!!! how long are the circuits on that one?? I have completed an entire run of the Shred and an entire run of Ripped and am surrently adding 3 days/week of ripped and 3 days/week of 6w6p to my current cardio regimen...but her new kickbox one will be a for sure for me!!!
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    I am currently doing 30 day shred, with yoga meltdown. If you're interested in yoga, yoga meltdown is really good. I am enjoying it, and actually look forward to doing it.
  • JoWharton
    JoWharton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add on my calories burned or even figure out how many calories I've burned while doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Can somebody please help me????
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yoga meltdown is great. I also have been doing this and next day my mucles in my butt and thighs r sore, i think it kicks my *kitten* for sure :)..Also doing ripped in 30 but only started 3 days ago and i feel as if i've run a marathon afterwards but not seen many results but early days :)....Goodluck to u!! :flowerforyou:
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    I really like "No More Trouble Zones"... it focuses more on toning/weights rather than cardio. It's a good all-over workout :)
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just put ripped and 30ds in a circuit training :flowerforyou:
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add on my calories burned or even figure out how many calories I've burned while doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Can somebody please help me????

I record as 20 minutes circuit training
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I put it as circuit training to 30DS, says I burn 159....unless you have a HRM its hard to know the exact calories.

I like 30DS, its 27mins long with warm up and cool down

Level one is chest flies, rows with a squat, lunges, bicep curls, crunches and cardio

Level two is squat with v flies, lunges, squat thrusts, crunches, cardio, plank jacks and some other stuff

Level 3- have not gotten to yet
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    Invest in a HRM (I have a Polar FT7), because it will tell you what you're burning with any workout and it's pretty accurate. Best money I've ever spent, because I usually eat back most of my exercise calories and I don't want to guess or go by the MFPs calculations (which I've found to be way over what I'm really burning).
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    I just purchased the "Ripped in 30" DVD and love it. My wife and I did the our first workout Saturday and plan on doing it again today. I burned 592 calories during that first workout (based on my new HRM), so I have to say so far so good! Jillian is a beast!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I am currently doing 30 day shred, with yoga meltdown. If you're interested in yoga, yoga meltdown is really good. I am enjoying it, and actually look forward to doing it.

I think that I am gonna get this one for sure too!!! thanks!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options

your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor, and then add your exercise into the database!! if you cant get a HRM...then i would put it under circuit training!!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yoga meltdown awesome for srtength training! 3 weeks in and muscle is popping up everywhere!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Stormyyy-thanks!! i think yoga meltdown it is!!

LPQ-NMTZ WAS the one I was planning on getting...but how long is each circuit...and an you pick and chose which ones you wanna do each day??

moody- I have completed a full 30 days of the shred...great DVD IMO!

rich-I have also completes a full 30 days of RI30!!! and also a great DVD IMO!!!

airbear-thanks!!!

THANKS FOR THE INPUT EVERYONE!!!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Zow.

I just came onto the boards to post a whiny tongue-in-cheek "JILLIAN WHY U HATE ME?" note in the fun forum and saw this thread.

On week 2 of Ripped in 30, and I cannot imagine buying another one of her workouts, let alone collecting the set. Is this one too easy for you?

It's INSANE! ZOUNDS!

OTOH it does seem to be working :)

Rob
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Zow.

I just came onto the boards to post a whiny tongue-in-cheek "JILLIAN WHY U HATE ME?" note in the fun forum and saw this thread.

On week 2 of Ripped in 30, and I cannot imagine buying another one of her workouts, let alone collecting the set. Is this one too easy for you?

It's INSANE! ZOUNDS!

OTOH it does seem to be working :)

Rob

She is a beast, but that's why you see results. That's why her workout's are short
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Your best bet is to get a personal hrm, that's the only way to be pretty accurate :)
  • melpix123
    melpix123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30-day shred, but I'm not sure which DVD to move on to next. I'd preferably like to go from easiest to hardest, or are they all about the same? I have heard Ripped in 30 is a lot harder than 30-day shred?
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I'm doing the 30-day shred, but I'm not sure which DVD to move on to next. I'd preferably like to go from easiest to hardest, or are they all about the same? I have heard Ripped in 30 is a lot harder than 30-day shred?

i'm not sure which one to get next either