How often do you weigh yourself.

Options

Replies

• epis_ck
    epis_ck Posts: 4
    Options
    The scale makes me crazy so I STAY OFF the scale. When I go to the doctor's I step backwards on the scale. I can tell how I'm doing by the way my clothes fit. It works for me.
  • tamarapmc
    Options
    I weigh every morning :)
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    too often haha
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I only log losses or gains over 3 pounds.:embarassed:
  • MaggieGillies
    Options
    i dont have a scale in my house lol i get weighed every week or two weeks by my green prescription adviser :)
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm never off the scales! lol
  • mijohnson01
    Options
    We usually have a family weigh-in on Saturday mornings before breakfast just to see how we're all doing as myself and my 9yr old daughter are overweight. Then I weigh and record my weigh on Monday mornings and then my husband and I both weigh every nite before we go to bed more or less just to see what's going on as I don't let that discourage me but we've gotten into that routine so we keep to it. My husband on the other hand weighs 5-6 times a day as he's addicted to the scales!!! LOL
  • mainikki
    mainikki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    once a month. its hard but its keeps me focused on making sure its a lower figure when i do weigh in. I have my husband as an independent scale reader and measures me as well. Its different from when i wasnt eating well or exercising, i used to weigh myself everyday.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First thing of the day, after I pee, completely naked. That way there is consistency.
    Weighing daily shows me the changes in my body...what did I eat to cause me to weigh heavier, etc.?
    Just a personal preference

This exactly. I only record my weight on MFP once per week though. Friday/Saturday is my "official" weigh in day.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I had to hide my scale because the fluctuation was discouraging. Don't tell me where it is!
  • Mummamac
    Mummamac Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm the same,every morning... It keeps me focused :)

^ this

I do it so I stay on track and the numbers don't bother me much...pushes me when I need it!
  • theresabrenner
    Options
    My weigh in days are Friday mornings, at the same time, every week. this gives me something to look forward to after eating good and exercising all week. I know when I've had an "off" week of not enough exercise and don't expect much. I also measure myself once a month to see if any inches have come off. Checking weight everyday isn't consistent. When you are on weigh loss programs they do not suggest weighing in every day.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My details are here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shivaslives/view/confessions-of-a-scale-aholic-171304
    Some recent studies show that people that weigh themselves every day actually lose more weight than people who weight themselves only once a week. It has to do with constant monitoring of progress. That said, you have to be able to weather than daily fluctuations without emotional stress.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Once a day. I weight myself right before I go to bed each night.
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Can't believe some people weigh themselves once a month. That would drive me mad, I need to see what's happening good or bad as I might try and fit a extra walk or workout in the next week.
  • Ericgunner
    Ericgunner Posts: 109
    Options
    Yes I weigh myself every morning first thing, and keep a record on my food notes. But only do one weekly update this works for me as I could not go all week, not knowing how my body is reacting to the food and exercise I've carried out.
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi hubby as you know I weigh every morning before breakfast and being to the loo. I sometimes weigh at night but not always if I've been bad I can access how much damage I've done and sometimes if I'm under calorie goal and not snacked as said before it keeps me accountable. If it creeps up a bit I factor in extra exercise.
  • mparsons2000
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I wake up (but after I pee, of course!). Keeps me focused. If I have as light up day, I really make an extra effort that day with usually more exercise and less calories.
  • RCM888
    RCM888 Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning naked after I pee, it keeps me totally focussed.