Hello! Just starting out...

Options
Hi! I have just joined a couple of days ago and am just getting to check out these forums. I am looking at losing about 100 lbs over all.

I do have a short term goal of fitting into a dress I bought a couple of years ago before May 14. I think I would have to seriously drop 20 lbs for it to really fit. I have almost been there several times, but seem to hit a wall right around 215lbs and cannot go past it!

I hope this is going to help!

Jennifer

Replies

• lschaivone
    Options
    I Jennifer .. I am new also to the My fitness .. lets be friends : )
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    feel free to add. :)
  • slparsaca
    slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newer MFP person also. I think it's a great place to track your diet and exercise and to find the support you need to stay motivated. I'll send you a friend request.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot of things in common in terms of our fitness goals. I'm sending a friend request.
  • sangeetanb
    Options
    Hi, I am also new, joined six days ago. So far I am trying to work on tracking everything that I eat ; learning portion control and being more active, I am stuck on the "more active" bit. I need friends in this journey, so I am sending you a friend request.
  • indianalori
    indianalori Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 31 days but never posted, Im female looking to lose 40 ponds.. feel free to add me.
  • TheMachine2499
    Options
    welcome!
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You will love the sense of friendship of MFP. I find smaller set targets easier to achiveve rather than looking at the large figure!!!:smile:
  • kimrae3
    kimrae3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Jennifer,
    I joined in January and love MFP. It really helps to log in every day no matter how good or bad you have done. I also joined our local Weight Watchers and I love their new program. It really helps me with portion controll and I have learned that I need to be held accountable, ( Once I make Life Time Member I will no longer have to pay for this service ). I have joined Curves and a Jazzercise class for the fittness part of my life long healthy journey. I stopped having my nails done to pay for the exercise classes. ( that was hard to do in the beginning ). Starting all of these changes by myself was hard for me in the beginning ( WW, Curves, Jazzercise ). By joining Curves (which is for women only) helped me not feel so uncomfortable with working out in front of other people, I wasn't sure if I could do Jazzercise but soon realized that 90% of the other women there were also unsure of themselves, and everyone at Weight Watchers is in the same boat so no one judges you. I decided to do this for and by myself this time and not with friends or family. In the past when they stopped working out and watching what they ate it gave me an excuse to do the same. Good Luck with your journey and I hope to see you in the Success Stories!

Kim
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    I began my MFP journey in January. Now I feel like a "pro"... I'm losing weight and I feel excellent! The "family" that I have through MFP friends is so important to success.

When I'm down, they boost me right up! I LOVE them even though I don't know them personally.

I remember when I first logged on to this message board and said I was a newby. I'm excited for you all!
  • boylejennifer
    boylejennifer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out how to request friends yet...but am working on it!
  • mrshealy
    mrshealy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a newbie just like a lot of you. This is a great app. It makes you accountable for everyhting you eat and do for exercise. I love it. I am happy to be friends with everyone. The more support we can give to each other, the more we feel better about ourselves and the more we will succeed
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • piratebabe85
    piratebabe85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! your in the right place. You'll be set on the right path with the community here! I don't usually post and I've been doing this for 9 months now- I've lost 18 pounds. Would've been more, but damn holidays! hahaha. I'll send you a request.
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on here for almost a year, but have stalled out recently! I also recently discovered the power of support and the MFP community, so would be happy to be added to your list!