Workout Calories

Options
I work out after work... should I add my work out calories in the morning. I work out 5-6 days a week and have a scheduled routine so I know the average of my calories burned

Replies

• greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    bump
  • danihonline
    Options
    I live by my grandmother's advice "Never Assume". I know for myself that if I assume a certain calorie burn, eat those extra calories, and then something comes up to interrupt the calorie burn I would be mad at myself (but I also use that extra calorie burn for an evening treat giving myself extra motivation to push harder during my workout)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I put everything in my tracker in order. So if I workout at night, it goes in after dinner and everything else I've eaten that day. I never eat things knowing that I am burning x amount later and allow myself those extra calories.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I never add anything until it's done. Hard lessons learned on that one.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I usually eat first so I've got the energy to train hard. When I forget to eat first, I run out of energy partway through.

If something comes up and I've already eaten (happens occasionally), I count it as a spike day. :P
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I always do that. In fact, I preplan my whole day for food/exercise the night before. And if things change, like today, I adjust based on calories.
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying about adding it afterwards, but I do it right after work, before dinner... if I add it then I will never be able to eat my work out calories before I go to bed. I have noticed a lag in weight loss... I was only doing around 1200 cals a day... I work out 5 days a week after work... on my weight nights I don't get done until 8:00 and there won't be any way to eat my workout calories
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying about adding it afterwards, but I do it right after work, before dinner... if I add it then I will never be able to eat my work out calories before I go to bed. I have noticed a lag in weight loss... I was only doing around 1200 cals a day... I work out 5 days a week after work... on my weight nights I don't get done until 8:00 and there won't be any way to eat my workout calories
    If you're committed to actually doing the workouts then I would add it in the morning so you can eat (spread) the calories throughout the entire day.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Log exercise calories earned late in the day to the following day.
  • RCM888
    RCM888 Posts: 10
    Options
    I log only when I've completed as otherwise I feel I would take short-cuts and maybe come off the stepper ten mins earlier than I should. If you can be completely honest with yourself then go for it but I need the discipline of logging only after I've done it. Different strokes I guess...