Did you know?

banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
the most common vegetable eaten in the United States is......

drum roll please...........

the FRENCH FRY!

Now that's scary!
Replace your french fries with carrot sticks I say!

Replies

• banks1850
    the most common vegetable eaten in the United States is......

drum roll please...........

the FRENCH FRY!

Now that's scary!
    Replace your french fries with carrot sticks I say!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :tongue: Thanks for letting us know........a few times!:wink:
  • LOL!!! Even I know that a french fry isn't really a vegetable......don't tell the kids....they'll rationalize McDonalds as healthy!!!
  • banks1850
    lol, that is weird, I don't know how that happened. I swear I didn't repost it
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Say it again Banks. This time with feeling! hahahahahahahehehehehehlololol:laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • vote banks for ban for spamming lmao
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    There's only ONE thing that's better than one post from Banks & that's two-or three-or four! :drinker:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    lmao, what does this stand for, I see it alot and I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I see what it is :embarassed:

Thanks,
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    lmao, what does this stand for, I see it alot and I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I see what it is :embarassed:

Thanks,

L augh M y A ss O ff
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I totally believe that! What a shame. I actually love vegetables. Always have, even when heavier. I am eating more of them now and eating variety. It's great. I am also giving tons of interesting veggies to my son so he get's to liking them and "hopefully" won't be too fussy once he realizes they are "Gasp".......GOOD FOR HIM!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    ya know, I honestly have to say, I do not like or eat french fries, very rare I eat potatoes. I occassionally have a baked potatoe but share it with the hubby.

They just make me feel bloated.
  • TamTastic
    I've actually been making my own oven baked fries a lot lately....sweet potato fries especially. YUM!!!

Also, if you want a nice "side" to your meal, the Mccains oven roasted potatoes are REALLY good and give me that fry kind of feeling.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I've actually been making my own oven baked fries a lot lately....sweet potato fries especially. YUM!!!

Ohh I make those too! I love them!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    homemade fries are good...baked with olive oil, garlic, parma cheese.
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member

Thanks,

This website can help for (almost) all acronyms.
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/
  • I'm not a good cook. How do you make your own fries?
  • TamTastic
    What I do is slice a potato into desired pieces (or sometimes even buy them in pre-packaged spears), and I put mine in a bowl, spray a little pam on them to moisten and then sprinkle whatever seasonings you want. I like mine with a kick, so I often use garlic, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. I put a little salt on them too. Another good product are the Mrs. Dash seasonings. They add a ton of flavor without sodium.

Just pick whatever flavors you like and go with it! :) But the sweet potato fries are really good and they are SO good for you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you are right, those mccain roasted potatoes are SO good....... mmm meditterainian:laugh:
  • I was at a BBQ place in Dallas a few years ago with my brother. This weathered, old lady worked there and she was trying to explain the menu to a newbie. She told him "We gots french fries, cole slaw and onion rings. Dems da veg-ables."

I looked at my brother and said "Until just now I've never thought of onion rings as a "vegetable".:laugh:

Who knew? :tongue:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    I was reading a recipe the other day where they made Butternut Squash fries in the oven... going to give that a go sometime!
This discussion has been closed.