Calling all 5'9" ladies!! (:

Options

Replies

• 24Gummies
    24Gummies Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and started out at 260. down 7 pounds so far. My goal is 160ish. I have weighed 140 in high school but that was really hard to maintain for me. I'm big boned so I think 160-170 will work for me.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9" sw 255 cw 169 gw 165 pants size was 24 (us) now 11- tops were 2xl now medium

I'm happy with my current size and weight looking to tone everything up. Advice I would give is don't give up! We have all had UPS and downs I wasn't perfect every week but I kept trying! Its not a race we all lose at different speeds. Be honest with yourself and love yourself! Don't consume more calories than u burn in the day and drink lots of water! :-)
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow tall ladies!

Isn't it lovely to see so many of us tall girls on here! I am 5'9" and hearing so many familiar stories! Like many of you I am (or like to think I am) quite athletic and enjoy running, zumba and being generally fit and healthy.

My weight fluctuates, so I will just report on recent weight loss! My heaviest was 166lbs (11stone 9lbs) this morning I weighed 161lbs (11stone 5lb), I have just had an extremely bad weekend because last week I was 156 (11stone 2lb).

I aim to get to 150lb about (10stone 7lb), so wish me luck!

Happy Monday!
    Sam :laugh:
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Im 5"10 and currently 76kg (167lbs) and want to get to 65kg (143lbs)
    Feel free to add me if in a similar situation! Was struggling with 1200 calories for a while so have upped to 1500 (calculated using one of many links to websites floating around - I tried a few and they ranged from 1400-1600 so I took the middle one) and am planning to eat half my exercise calories back (to combat how much mfp overestimates)
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am 26, just shy of 5'10" so I tell everyone I am 5'10".

I started January 9th at 194.2
    As of today I am 175
    My goal weight is 150

I was 175 in 2009, lost 25 lbs, gained it back and then some since then. I am ready to loose it for good!
    If I am working out/running, I look great at 150 because I have alot of muscle. I don't care exactly what the scale says, just more about how I feel in my own skin and clothes.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    P.S.
    At 150
    I wear a size 8 in pants (Sometimes 6)
    9 or 11 in Jr. Pants ( I don't really buy much of)
    Medium tops
    and small or 4/6 dresses if they are not tight on my butt and sleeveless
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 almost 5'9..lol.

My stats:

Highest weight. 195 (right before giving birth to my second child)
    Starting weight: 185
    Current weight: 175
    First goal is 145....then I plan on taking a long time to get to 135 but be very fit and toned.

Starting size 14....current size is 12, and I want to be a loose size 6.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8.5"; current stats are:
    SW: 257
    GW: 165
    CW: 235

I think we can compare all day long, but ultimately, height doesn't tell the whole story, only part of it. For example, a girl on this thread is my height, 156 and a size 6. I have been 138 (in high school) and I was a size 9 at that weight. There's no way I would ever see a 6 as an adult!! I'm okay with that :) I'm aiming to be in my healthy weight range and then, I'll think about toning up.

So true, I was a size 6 at low 140's. When I was 155 I was about a size 8 (snug). All depends in body shape.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', and I started at 225. Right now I'm 139, but I'm shooting for 135. That being said. I'm completely fine where I am now. I just want some wiggle room.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm wearing mostly 6s, some 8s, some 4s. Clothes sizes are CRAZY!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i notice the other 5'9" ladies on here want to be below 170 .. i cant see myself smaller than like a size 9 which i would be at around 185 ish. I was 270 lbs at my biggest now 225 ish size 14. i like a womanly shape and i dont want to be thin just healthy. set goals and phases and when you get there you'll know it !

That depends on body shape, I'm sure- my smallest weight of 156 was a size 10 (and a few select 8s). When I was 185, that was more of size 14-16 (I'm 249 now and a size 20)

I currently weigh appx 154 and can still wear a size 12 comfortably.......10 with a bit of a muffin top :angry:

Definatley depends on the person.

I am 5'8"ish.....if I stand tall closer to 5'9" :wink:

I have alot of body fat to loose, and would be ectastic to weigh 145 and be in a size 8. My FAT is in the middle, stomach, hips and butt...........
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Im 36, have 2 kids, wear a size 16

SW 225
    CW 187
    GW 155
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    5'9 here and my goal weight is 160.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    5'9 3/4 my current wight is 186
    my goal weight is 165
    my HW was 252
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I wan to weigh 145-135 more towards 135
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" I weighed 164.5 as of last week and I'm trying to get down to 155ish! I started at 199 and have been maintaining between 166-168 for the past 2 years! I wear a size 8.
  • freckledface
    freckledface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started at about 175 after having 2 kids.
    My absolute goal is maybe 135 lbs. I don't want to be any thinner than that.
    When I was 125 I was WAY too skinny.
    Right now I am about 153 and my next goal is to get to 145. I will have to reevaluate when I get to that point and see how I look and feel to determine if I should keep losing.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"....and a goal weight is very tough for me to determine. When I got married I was at 159...the skinniest I had ever been as an adult. And people told me I looked TOO skinny...plus the fact that I really don't think I could easily maintain that. I have a bigger build (medium frame but fairly muscular), so I can't go too small without losing muscle.

So my goal weight is 175. For me, it's fairly easily maintainable (with a little bit of work) and I don't look emanciated!
  • Jessica1081
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my GW is around 180 or 175. My starting weight is 260 and my current weight is 256 (only been on here 6 days - haha). All the women in my family are naturally curvy, so I don't think I'll be able to be stick thin. Nor do I want to!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'9". Started out at 221 pounds and currently fluctuate between 137-142. I had set my goal weight a little higher than that but when I got there adjusted it to 145 and hit a little below that. I've been maintaining this weight for several months now. Depending on the brand I wear anything from a size 4 (one pair of CAbi jeans that I LOVE mostly because I can say they are a 4!) to as 8 in pants and mostly medium tops. Before my weight loss I was wearing 16 & 18 pants and XL & XXL tops.

I've joined a group of people at a local facility where we meet once a month to weigh in and get body comp measurements. I had relied on cardio (running) for the majority of my weightloss but now I need to add strength in to help turn my fat into muscle per the trainer. She really advised to not be so reliant on the scale but rather how your clothes fit so that is my current approach. She is several inches shorter than I am but weighs about the same as I do.

Good luck to you in your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!