I love Chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I read a study that claimed that there are over 300 individual flavors in a piece of chocolate. I wish I could find that article again. Basically the point of it is that most people who eat chocolate don't eat it correctly and do not get the full enjoyment out of it. I decided to give it a test run and got some Godiva chocolate and ate it really slow one tiny bite at a time and tried to stop and enjoy each little bit of flavor. I don't know about 300 individual flavors but I did notice a difference when I took the time to enjoy it. I know this probably sounds a little weird, but I honestly think this way is better than shoving handfuls of M and M's in my mouth. Doing that eliminates the flavor and the point. Now I eat a little bit of chocolate every night on my diet and I've still managed to lose weight because I'm not eating as much of it. This only works if you are disciplined enough to make yourself stop though. I've heard people say it on here about a gozillion times "everything in moderation".
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond Milk in Dark Chocolate (1 cup is 120 calories). I have a cup frequently in the afternoons for my snack. Getting ready to switch to chocolate protein powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk to cut some sugar.
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    I'm definitely a chocolate lover! I love Nabisco's, Mr. Salty 100 cal chocolate pretzels. I get the sweet with the salty. Yummy!
    Although I will need to try the cocoa powder and peanut butter. That really sounds good!!!

I love Peanut M&M's too. Most of the time, I'm able to grab a few and put the bag away. Far away!!!!
  • samanthajshep
    samanthajshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat a Luna Bar Mini in Smores flavor...only 70 calories!
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chocolate Shakeology so that helps me get my daily fix. During THAT TIME when I feel like even that isn't enough, I'll get some Gheradelli Dark Chocolate squares and limit myslef to just one a day. They take awhile to melt in your mouth so they are perfect for me.
  • dtlyme
    dtlyme Posts: 2
    Options
    Stew Leonard's here in Connecticut has these really yummy rice cakes with the top coated in milk chocolate. They are only 50 calories! So one treat of that and I am good!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of cocoa roasted almonds! My favorite.... YUM!:love:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Try eating small pieces of dark chocolate. It is better for you and has less calories. I try to fit something chocolate in every day.
  • nedezdha
    nedezdha Posts: 5
    Options
    I love to make the brownies from Deceptively Delicious. It sounds awful, she puts spinach and carrot puree in the brownies. But they're not and I get to have a brownie whenever I want. Even breakfast!
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    M&Ms have 5 calories per piece... I eat 5-10 of those!! 5=25 calories 10=50 calories

a true serving size of them is a whopping 200-250 calories and you eat like 60-80 m&ms.....

so why not eat 10 and satisfy your craving@ 50 calories:bigsmile:
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate and eat it almost every day. I just can't stay away from it. My Aunt went to Italy and brought back real italian chocolates. They were tiny, but I could only eat one. That's because they are not loaded with wax and sugar and it only takes a small amount to curb your craving. Now if only they made chocolate like that in the States!