My success was short lived.....

Options
Well, I guess it may have been a good thing I couldn't up load my pics. I was sooooo excited and thought I would take "new" pictures of me in my bathing suit to be my new set of before pics - looking forward to my next goal of 50 lbs lost. Ouch! I know I have lost a lot of weight but after seeing these pictures I felt like I was at ground zero again. Reality check big time Then I thought OMG I was 57 lbs heavier the last time I wore this bathing suit and the shame and humiliation came rushing back. I see other before and after pics, with the same amount or less of weight loss and the before and after's are amazing. I guess I was just hoping for the same amazing pics.......just not yet I guess. Sorry to be such a debbie downer - kind of burst my bubble.

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Anyone that has lost 57 lbs should not feel down a bit....Keep up the good work.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    maybe you should post the before and after pics anyway, because I bet you'll find that we can see way more improvement than you see right now - we are after all, our own worst critics! (no pressure of course, but I bet you'll get some positive responses - hell, a 57lb loss is GREAT, well done!)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It the minds eye 6 weeks or more to catch up with the body's reality.
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You've lost 57lbs - that is an amazing accomplishment!! Looking at pics can really screw with your head - dont let it get you down...You've got some more work to do to get to where you want to be mentally and physically - this 57lbs loss is wonderful and means that's 57lbs you don't have to worry about anymore. You have done an awesome job!
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anyone that has lost 57 lbs should not feel down a bit....Keep up the good work.

Agreed!! Keep going!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You've already lost an amazing amount of weight. That's wonderful. Don't feel down about it at all. I can't wait to see that I've lost that first 50 pounds. Keep up the great work!
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Well, I guess it may have been a good thing I couldn't up load my pics. I was sooooo excited and thought I would take "new" pictures of me in my bathing suit to be my new set of before pics - looking forward to my next goal of 50 lbs lost. Ouch! I know I have lost a lot of weight but after seeing these pictures I felt like I was at ground zero again. Reality check big time Then I thought OMG I was 57 lbs heavier the last time I wore this bathing suit and the shame and humiliation came rushing back. I see other before and after pics, with the same amount or less of weight loss and the before and after's are amazing. I guess I was just hoping for the same amazing pics.......just not yet I guess. Sorry to be such a debbie downer - kind of burst my bubble.

Hanna,
    Congratulations on your accomplishments so far. You shouldn't feel like you failed because you certainly haven't. Everyone is different and just because other people are losing weight faster than you are doesn't mean that you will not ultimately get there too! Just hang in there and don't lose focus. You're doing well! And by the way, those people who take amazing before and after pics probably photo shop their pictures anyway! HAHAHA j/k! :laugh: Smile Beautiful!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    57 pounds is a big loss! Something to be very proud of. You are your own worst critic! Don't get down, I'm sure the day will soon come that you look in the mirror and say "wow... that's ME!!!"
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I agree you are gdoing an amazing job you should be so proud of yourself Keep that bathing suit handy Im sure you will get into it in no time and look the way you want to look in it :smile:
  • cdnswty
    cdnswty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    57 pounds!!! Yay!!!! Good for you. Even if you still have further to go, evaluate where you were before. 57 leads to 58 and 59 and 60 etc. I can't wait to see the results after the next 50 . Keep up the good work.
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree! You've lost so much weight and these things don't happen over night. Don't be discouraged, you're fabulous!
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    That loss is NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF!! It's amazing!! I think you should put the pictures up here and just watch all the amazing compliments you'll get!! Who cares where you started, you've done something that most of us are just dreaming about!! Show it off!! You've come this far, you'll keep going, no problem!! Cheer up and look at the amazing things you've done that you never thought you could!!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kane. You should post them for an objective eye. A loss of 57 pounds is nothing to take lightly. Kudos to you and focus on the positive.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    OMG you are doing great. Throw out the pictures and mirror and go with how our cloths fit. My beautician tells me we look at ourselves in a different mirror than others see us. I agree. You are doing great. Keep it up
  • mayaeberhard
    Options
    Post those pictures!! I am sure you have changed much more than you know!! 57 lbs is amazing!! How many dress sizes is that? I am thrilled for you!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Actually, you've touched on one of my fears. I'm big - my frame, my bones - when I was "only" 200 lbs, people thought I was much lighter. I've lost a whole pant size and 1.5 bra band sizes but very little weight - and I really don't anticipate that I will LOOK much different when I get to the 50 lb mark.

But I'm going to do it anyway. And I'm going to feel good about it, too - because I'm changing my lifestyle and becoming healthier, an that was what I set out to do. If the work outs I do as I go along makes me look smaller sooner, I guess I will count that as a positive. But I have to stay focused on my long term goals and let the chips fall where they may.

I hope you do take pride in what you've achieved. From where I sit, it's amazing what you've done. *smile*
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...I've lost over 20 and when I look in the mirror I see how far I have left to go instead of how far I've come!! But people notice the difference in me even if I can't see it right now. Post the pics and let us be the "judge". I'm sure you look amazing after 57# gone!! Keep up the good work!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    maybe you should post the before and after pics anyway, because I bet you'll find that we can see way more improvement than you see right now - we are after all, our own worst critics! (no pressure of course, but I bet you'll get some positive responses - hell, a 57lb loss is GREAT, well done!)

^^^^ THIS. 57 lbs. down is a lot of hard work -- and something you should celebrate. I've felt the same disappointment and doubt during my journey, and couldn't see my own progress until much later.... I think we all (esp. women) are really GOOD at beating ourselves up, but not so good at patting ourselves on the back, or noticing our positives. I say post!!
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! And you're an inspiration no matter what! Just you remember that! :flowerforyou:
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS...you should definitely still post the pics! You will be amazed at the progress that others will see, even if you can't. 57 lbs is a major accomplishment and you should be so proud for getting this far! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!