My success was short lived.....

Options

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Just think that months back you were 57 pounds heavier then you are now....I just put together my first before and after picture. I do see that I look very different now then how I used to be 1 year ago...but when I look at the now picture...I do see all the weak areas...all my fault areas that I still have to work on. But never think that you are back to ground 0....because you are not.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You have lost 57 lbs!!! That's an INCREDIBLE success. And just because you don't physically see it doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't. You are your own worst critic after all!!! So don't let that get you down. You have made AMAZING progress and you will continue rockin it!!!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Maybe bathing suit pictures are not the way to go. You are doing wonderfully and should celebrate your success. You have already come a long way.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyoe else... 57 lbs isn't so shabby at all! That's about how much I have to lose and it's not easy at all! Keep up the good work and don't let some different view of yourself get you down!
  • Deeranged1
    Deeranged1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    57 lbs. is a great accomplishment! Be proud! And keep working hard! And I agree we are our own worst critics!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    57 lbs weight loss is awesome, and you should be proud of yourself. Congrats!!!!
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think you are amazing and inspiring, with or without pictures!
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend! we are our worst enemies! 57lbs is a huge goal! you should definitely celebrate it! :bigsmile:
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    57 pounds is awesome! I bet there's a LOT of difference and everyone else will be able to see it! Sometimes, it's hard to see ourselves as others do. 57 pounds is an awesome achievement, relish in it! Be proud and stand tall, you've worked hard!
  • csctroni
    csctroni Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be to hard on yourself. Some people have less to loose, are retaining alot of fluid or many other reasons why their pictures are "amazing". I am amazed that you have made it almost halfway to your goal. If you stick with it you too will be one of the amazing success stories. Hang in there! Its coming. Keep up the good work.:wink:
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh.... please please don't feel discouraged! I know I can speak for a lot of people on here that we all know how hard it is to lose 57 lbs... no matter where you started from! Keep doing what you're doing, as it's working and you should be proud of yourself for that! That's right, we don't have to see the pics if you're not ready but make sure you keep them in your progress folder so you can see the difference yourself. Good luck - keep up the good work!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I am in agreement with so many others--I am so very sure that WE...those who do NOT see you everyday...will see the loss more than you. I have run into the same thing myself. So continue to be THRILLED for losing a third grader!!! :flowerforyou:
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    You know, I was thinking today about how sad it is that we feel so embarassed and humiliated about our bodies. I was thinking today about how I've lost 16lbs, so I can get this nice new pair of shoes now that I am not fat and ugly. But we aren't ugly. We may be overweight, and struggling, but every one of us is here because we are working hard to make a change in our lives. And you have made a 57lb change, which is spectactular. You should be proud of every single one of those pounds, and not be embarassed. Because whereas you see failure, everyone around you sees success. Post those pictures with PRIDE lady! You lost FIFTY SEVEN POUNDS!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been there, and it's completely derailed me. Then after un-doing all my hard work and starting back at ground zero, I've looked at those progress pictures where I couldn't see the progress. It was there, but body dysmorphia got in the way :-(

There's no way there are not differences at 57 pounds lost. Are you taking measurements? That will also help, especially when you can't see the difference yourself.

Instead of swimming suit pictures, why not try a head shot and post it here, you know people will tell you if they can see a difference or not.

Keep up with the great work--and be proud of what you've done! Please don't let this de-rail you.
  • MiniMoon122
    Options
    57 LBS IS PRETTY DARN GOOD!!! I've been at this for a year and find that I am back where I started. Keep up the good work. You've motivated me to be more serious.
  • ataylo30
    ataylo30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm sure you look much different to someone who doesn't know you! We won't be looking at those spots YOU know you still need to work on...we will see a change, even if you don't. We are often our worst critic. Make sure it forces you to keep working hard and NEVER let yourself think that there is no change so you should just give up. You are doing well and by no means is 57 pounds something to shake a stick at! Keep up the good work!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    WHOA!!!! It's okay, my little self pity party was short lived too..thanks to all of you. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. So, I will continue to try to post my pictures, however, the bathing suit pics from today will NOT get posted until the next 50lbs come off! I absolutely know that measuring is key but have just been lazy. I will do measurements as well and then onward and upward..or should I say downwards?! In response to a couple of your questions - I started out in a size 22/24 pant and a 3X top. I am now in a size 18 pant (starting to get loose) but the top size is the same. The tops are very loose but due to the silly, constantly changing sizing/manufacturing in this world, a 2X is still too small! So no worries everyone, and thank you again. Also, kudos to all of you!!!!!! You are all doing fabulous yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Losing 57 pounds is amazing. You should post the before and after pics as planned, because this is something you should be really proud of.
  • mrshammy3939
    mrshammy3939 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Post them!! 57 pounds is a big deal!!!
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree with the others about posting them. It's 57 pounds!! That's a huge damn deal in my book :) Good luck with your continued success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!