What do you put in your omelet/ scrambled eggs?

Options
If I have time I usually eat an omelet most days, either for breakfast or lunch, but I always have the same thing- 3 servings egg beaters (9 T), 1 whole egg, spinach, and feta and/or goat cheese. Recently I've added some diced red bell peppers too. Don't get me wrong, I love this combo; it's actually one of my favorite foods/ meals to eat, but I'd like a little more variation. I don't eat meat, except for occasionally seafood though, and I'm still trying to figure out what all veggies I like. So, what do you all put in your eggs? Thanks!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I use light Ricotta cheese and spinach or peppers.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Anything I can scrape together. I especially love them with bell peppers, feta cheese and baby bella mushrooms.
  • mmbertrand
    Options
    I try to use onions and garlic as well as tomatoes, spinach and varied cheese. I made scrambled eggs with cream cheese the other day and it was delicious!

Be creative I guess! Good luck!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i throw two eggs in a plastic container, with 1/2 red bell pepper, 1 green onion, 1/2 an avacado, maybe 1/2 tomatoe, handful of mushrooms and either some goat cheese or 1 slice of soy cheese, throw it in the microwave for about a minute and a half, and tada, my omlette. Top it off with some salsa and 2 pieces of fruit and you have an awesome breakfast
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Garlic
    Taco seasoning (yummmm)
    Cheese
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Salsa
    Just plain ole pepper

I've even added the cheddar cheese popcorn seasoning. Just a sprinkling on top but oh so good.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    If I have time I usually eat an omelet most days, either for breakfast or lunch, but I always have the same thing- 3 servings egg beaters (9 T), 1 whole egg, spinach, and feta and/or goat cheese. Recently I've added some diced red bell peppers too. Don't get me wrong, I love this combo; it's actually one of my favorite foods/ meals to eat, but I'd like a little more variation. I don't eat meat, except for occasionally seafood though, and I'm still trying to figure out what all veggies I like. So, what do you all put in your eggs? Thanks!

SALSA!

i gave up bread and grains and such a few weeks back, and I was fine until I realized I didn't have a means of getting salsa into my mouth! Thanks god for eggies!!! lol
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'll add just about anything. My favorite combo is chopped up center cut bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese and hot sauce. But I'll but any of the below, in any combo, in my eggs:
    Bell peppers
    Mushrooms
    Any cheese
    Any hot sauce
    Chopped up or ground protein (protein used loosely to accomodate tofu and chopped shrimp, not just turkey/chicken)
    Carrots
    Onions
    Asparagus
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Garlic
    Spicy peppers (Serrano, Pasilla, etc)
    Corn
    Broccoli

Yeah, pretty much anything is free game to get tossed into my eggs really. I think the only stuff I haven't thrown in would be berries or other fruits like that, cucumbers or jicama. :)
  • MissJenn33
    MissJenn33 Posts: 131
    Options
    spinach
    peppers
    onions
    swiss cheese
    mushrooms
    fresh mozarella
    turkey sausage
    tomatoes
    asparagas
    avacado
  • rsmugala
    rsmugala Posts: 35
    Options
    Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Cactus, Green Chilies, and top with Salsa and Mexican blend cheeses.
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Cheese and onion in both omelet and even better in scrambled eggs
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I usually go with onions & mushrooms. I often throw some salsa on top.
    also love to add in some flat leaf spinach & peppers.... sometimes tomatoes.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 3 tbsp egg whites, diced onions, diced jalapenos, Wholly salsa, and shredded cheese...then after it's cooked I put some Louisiana Hot Sauce on top. It's soooo good!
  • JanuaryJan
    Options

SALSA!

i gave up bread and grains and such a few weeks back, and I was fine until I realized I didn't have a means of getting salsa into my mouth! Thanks god for eggies!!! lol

Oh I love salsa too - not only do I put it on my eggs, but I dip pepper slices, celery, carrots, cucumbers - any veggies I can and use salsa as a dip!

As for my eggs, when I make an omelette I use one large brown organic cage free egg, and 1/3 cup egg whites, with some purple onion, red bell pepper, a little garlic pepper and garlic powder, a dash of chili powder and top with salsa. yum. Now I'm hungry again. lol
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My omellete's have contained these ingredients for over a year now:

3 egg whites, 1 egg yolk (Might switch it to just 3 eggs for the little added protein)
    30ml Skimmed Milk
    1/4 Red Onion
    1/4 Red, Yellow or Green Bell Pepper
    2 Medium Sized Mushrooms
    1 Quorn Sausage (You can use chicken breast instead)
    Spray Oil

I don't have Scrambled Egg very often, but I had some today and it's quick, easy and you can add anything in it for quick protein intake. I added 100g of chicken breast. Check my diary for today and see my second snack.
  • HeidiDarlene
    Options
    I like mine with onions and mushrooms
  • HeidiDarlene
    Options
    I never thought of taco seasoning!! I'll have to try that
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bumping for ideas*
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    Options
    I use mushroom onions sometimes brocoli I spice it with onion and garlic powder and if i feel up for it i putt in pizza spice i add 1 oz of part skim mozzerella cheese YUM!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Carrots (precooked)
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like salsa in my scrambled egg whites. YUMMM!!!

I also saw a recipe over the weekend for salmon mixed with scrambled eggs. Not sure about that one, but I'd be willing to give it a try.