Calling all 5'9" ladies!! (:

Options
1235»

Replies

• laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started out at 193, I am currently at 175, I would like to be at 145-150. I am losing my weight slow and steady, so hopefully I'll get there by fall. I started my journey on 10/12/12.
  • candyastra
    Options
    5'9" girl here. My highest weight was somewhere in the 320's, and I started my lifestyle-change at 314. My short term goal weight is 220, just because that was the thinnest I can remember being in high school. (I'm currently around 240.) Ultimately I want get below 200, and just see what's comfortable for me as I slide down the scale. I can't imagine going below 170, though.

I can't imagine being below 170 either!! The smallest number I remember is 220. I started my journey in October 2011, weighing in at 300lb. That unfortunately wasn't my highest, I remember seeing 325 on the scale last year. But I'm ready to be healthy and active so I can enjoy life with my 17 month old son! I'm currently around 248. Weigh in for the week is tonight! If I have a bad day, I just pick up the next day and move on. I'm on a lifestyle change for the better. I hate when people say I'm on a diet! Lol. Because I'm totally not. The only thing I eliminated completely is soda. Who needs that anyway? Lol
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    i notice the other 5'9" ladies on here want to be below 170 .. i cant see myself smaller than like a size 9 which i would be at around 185 ish. I was 270 lbs at my biggest now 225 ish size 14. i like a womanly shape and i dont want to be thin just healthy. set goals and phases and when you get there you'll know it !

That depends on body shape, I'm sure- my smallest weight of 156 was a size 10 (and a few select 8s). When I was 185, that was more of size 14-16 (I'm 249 now and a size 20)

Agreed! I'm 5'9: and at my lightest (159 lbs) I was a comfortable size 10, with 1 pair of size 8 shorts in my drawer. I'm pretty hippy and have a bit of a butt, so I know I won't ever get into super small sizes and honestly don't want to. I can't maintain it comfortably.
  • Willpowerofsteel
    Options
    I am going to jump in here as I'm 5'10"...

SW: 181 lbs
    CW: 171 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs

I had hovered between 140 and 150 all my adult life until I had kids, then I let my weight creep up with each pregnancy (not losing all the weight before becoming pregnant again). I know I feel best when I'm around 140. I have a medium build and I carry most of my extra weight in my belly so my figure just looks "off" when my weight is up. Some ladies carry it beautifully...I don't! My lowest adult weight was 133 but that was too low for me, it was in college and I was flirting with an eating disorder and lost my period at that weight. So I think 140 is good.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I am 6'1 (yes - HUGE!) and my starting weight was 210lbs. i am currently 200lbs. When I get down to 175 lbs I will pee my pants with glee! :bigsmile:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I weigh 165 ... would love to get down between 140 and 150!
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I weigh 165 ... would love to get down between 140 and 150!

I am also 5'9, currently at 167 and can't wait to see 140! Actually 150 would be great too!
  • mjshorty5
    mjshorty5 Posts: 44
    Options
    So I wanted to know what your goal weight is? Maybe give your current and goal weight. And how your planning on reaching your goal or how you reached it. Along with advice for other people, or motivational things to keep going.

5'9 I weigh 201 and would like to weight idealistically 155 but realistically shooting for 165 right now
  • sweetyjessy1
    sweetyjessy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very beautifully put!!!!
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    im 5'10, started at 282, im now 168 but my goal weight it 150!! cannot wait to get there lol. I wear UK size 12-14 at the moment, would love to get in UK size 10 but not sure if my boobs/bum/hips are gona let me!
  • pelenaisekt
    pelenaisekt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I started at around 188, and today I weigh 171.5. My goal is 135.

:)

Good luck!
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my staring weight was 151lbs. I am currently 146lbs. My goal weight is 138-140lbs (pre-pregnancy size). :)
  • MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    5P9 here with expecting to go back at 160...
    Currently 171 and not to bad but not confortable and I know I am confy at 155, 160, not more.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Currently 145 and feeling pretty good. I would like to lose my last 5lbs though.
  • Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    I'm 5'9" started at 220 and am now at 185, my goal weight is 175 and that puts me in healthy weight range on my BMI chart (no longer over weight). I started by cutting out a lot of my carbs and doing the couch to 5K program and eventually am on a 1200 calorie diet and i exercise 6 days a week and rest on Sunday... I try to eat 5 small meals a day to keep my blood sugar level so i don't get hungry and it really helps a lot. I have kept my weight off and am still losing. I am human though I have bad days like everybody else but I have learned to do some extra cardio and all is good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!