What do you put in your omelet/ scrambled eggs?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Nothing. 2 egg whites (I seem to be the only human that uses real eggs for this, but have you ever priced how much egg whites cost to buy. OMG! Anyway, 2 egg whites and one whole egg. Plain. Yum. Often I put it on toast or a whole wheat tortilla, no butter ot anything. I like plain food. One of the problems people have with food is taste. You need to rid yourself of the trap that food needs to taste. You are eating for nutritional value, not because it tastes like anything. try eating bland food for a while. You can relearn to eat food that way, and it changes your relationship with food.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    salsa and/or Frank's
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I use 2 whole eggs with any combination of the following.... mushrooms, onions, peppers, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, and sometimes ham. I used to add cheese but I save that for a separate snack after exercising.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I want to try making a big veggie scramble, but for now here's my favorite way to have scrambled eggs.
    First I mix up the egss in a bowl with 2T skim milk and some pepper, then I scramble them up in the pan and add 1/8C shredded mozzarella right before it's done so the cheese melts and a slice of oscar meyer ham (serving size is 5 slices so there's hardly any calories in one). Add a little ketchup and I'm good to go.

It's simple and easy and I'm sure you'll get a lot better recipes, but it's how I like them :)
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like omelettes, but I put cinnamon in my scrambled eggs.
  • hankrearden
    hankrearden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Onions, mushrooms, broccoli, and salsa to top it off- delicious and easy.
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    Bump for later
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like a little bit of homemade chili in mine. You could use a no meat chili!

Okra and tomatoes

squash--so yummy especially with some cheese.. I use frozen kind just for convenience

I don't always have them for breakfast, so i guess that's why it way different then the typical, ham and cheese.
  • BiancaC73
    BiancaC73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I put three eggs, feta cheese, fresh tomato, and a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper. I just put it in a bowl stir it all together and then cook it in a skillet. I eat this as a meal. (I know 3 eggs...) I get a good amount of my protein from eggs so that's why I eat three in my omelet.

I forgot to mention that the way I make it is 320 calories. 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta cheese and a fresh medium Roma tomato cut up.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of eggs, but when I make them I generally just put in whatever veggies I happen to have on hand. I rarely put in meat, but usually add a little cheese and top it with salsa or pico de gallo.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I always sautee onions and colorful diced bell peppers together (sometimes I add in Canadian bacon as well) in my wok, the when the vegetables soften alittle I pour 3 scrambled egg whites over the top cook for a few minutes and flip one side over.
    Sometimes I top with alittle fresh salsa,
    The wok makes a perfect omelet pan... flips easy, always round and never sticks. :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    feta and scallions!!!!!!!!
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i don't eat much meat either - i always toss in some onions and green pepper into my omelets - yummo!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    had eggs today, with sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic, spinach, bell pepper, and a little low fat mozzarella on top.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    Usually I put cheese inside and plop some picante on top but these days it's PLAIN with a pinch of salt and pepper.

Add..I forgot to say it's a 3 Egg White Omelet.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is my favorite but sometimes I add grated carrots, green onions, red/green peppers, celery...shoot I put in almost anything in the vegetable drawer. Mushrooms....are fantastic! I do not do cheese with the fat content but will on a rare occassion. I always have this egg omelette meal for dinner.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Breakfast always have egg whites mixed with any of these itesm....bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, cheese and hot sauce.
  • Luv2bagramma
    Luv2bagramma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sauted baby bella mushrooms have a great "meaty" texture and taste. Any leftover veggies~ especially roasted asparagus, broccoli and brussel sprouts. Roasting the veggies in a little olive oil gives them an entirely different taste. Yummy. Always some type of onion. For meat eaters, the Archer Farms chicken breakfast sausage is great and I just tried the Bistro Sensations Chicken Apple sausage - very good. Market Pantry egg whites in the quart carton are very handy, and I figured there are more egg whites in there than I could get out of a dozen eggs. I have a tough time throwing away the egg yolks otherwise! :smile: Today was 1/3 cup egg whites, 1 chicken apple sausage cut up, 1 slice (1.5 oz) artisan tomato garlic basil bread toasted and 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Mozzarella, sundried tomato and basil spread on the toast. Layered it as an open face sandwich. It was nummy!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Some EVOO in the pan.
    Fry down some spinach, heat up some sliced baby tomaters.
    Dump in some Egg Beaters.
    Add some diced green and red peppers.
    Sprinkle in some black and red pepper..
    Flip that bad boy over.
    Sprinkle in some chopped green onions.
    Add a slice of pepperjack cheese.
    Fold. Finish cooking.
    Squirt some hot sauce on top.
    GET IN MY BELLY!!!

I used to add some diced ham, which I LOVE, but in the interest of lowering my sodium intake, I've recently lost the diced ham. I'm enjoying this thread, though, because I'm always looking for ideas to mix it up a bit.