Weight issues while training for 26.2

Options
I started my training to day for the Full Marathon in December. I have 12 extra unwanted lbs on me. It is hard to diet when in training. You need all the energy you can get. I want to loose 12 lbs in 5 weeks. This is my goal.

Replies

• jcpalmer1day
    Options
    If you only have 12 pounds to lose, it may not be very easy to lose it in 5 weeks. Even with all the training you'll be doing. Like you said, you need the energy for the training runs.

I'd say focus on the training, eating healthy, and as the weight comes off, it comes off. Don't rush it. Fueling your body is important.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marathon goal.:flowerforyou: I started training for my second half marathon today. Like you, I have 15 more pounds that I want to lose. I am going to forget about them for now. Training is so demanding on my body that I am going to fuel appropriately so I can arrive at the starting line strong and injury free. Last year at this time, I had 12 pounds to go. My half is/was in November. I trained hard, logged my food and exercise, and arrived at the starting line healthy, injury free, and minus those last 12 pounds. I do not expect to lose those 12 pounds again this year. If I do it will be a bonus.:laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: