recipe help please!!

Options
Does anyone know if you can share recipes with someone else doing the my fitness pal site? My roommate and I are both wanting to join but we only want to enter recipes once. Can you share them somehow? I am new so I don't know how it works.

Replies

• ChrisRN75495
    Options
    (deleted by poster--I still don't "get" it, that's how little I know!) :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    You can't (at this time) enter recipes and share them from the Food tab. So you can't put them in your food diary and have your friend grab them and put them in his food diary. The ability to "share" recipes is something the site is looking at for a future update. It's not available at this time.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    You technically can but it's a pain in the butt. I've had to do this for me and Ry. Type in the recipe and get all the nutrition info. Then retype the recipe and all the nutrition info in as one of your foods (just like you would a bag of doritos). Like I said, it's tedious but it's the only way I've found to make it work. When I do it, I put the brand name as "Rebysue" so my recipes are easier to find so maybe use "angelinaocean" as your brand name if you decide to go that route.
  • angelinaocean
    Options
    Wow that is annoying Reby but I do what I have to do thanks!