Homemade trailmix with peanuts?

Options
Hello! I'm trying to get into eating nuts...I'm not a nut person, persey. So...I bought some lightly salted dry roasted peanuts this weekend and would like to make a trailmix of sorts. I need some sweetness in it, so I'm looking for some ideas of what to include. I was going to include semi-sweet chocolate chips, but my husbad was very iffy about that because it's chocolate. I was also going to include raisins. Any other ideas?

Replies

• durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Go to your local nature food store or Trader Joes. They have all sorts of yummy ingredients to add. Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples, dates, currants, peaches, cherries, blueberries), pumpkin or sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, other nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews), dried cereal such as those made by Fiber One. Good luck!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I didn't think about dried cereals! Great idea! Thank you!!
  • TalosValheru
    Options
    Offhand, I thought the salted peanuts (lightly or not) were fairly bad for you? I'd love a good healthy trail mix. As for the sweetness, my mother used to buy Karob (sp?) which she considered an alternative to chocolate even though I recall it being not too similar. Not sure if it would do the trick.