Who is your running companion?

Options
I have been running consistently 5 (sometimes 6) days a week since January and have to say that my dog Hershey is a great running companion and motivator. I have been increasing my mileage and am now up to 5 miles a day, which my dog runs right along with me and he enjoys our daily run. He has yet to show me he can't keep up with me. This is my great running companion!

Do you have a running companion that keeps you going?

J2592x1944-12102.jpg

exercise.png

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have a companion, but he doesn't run :) He prefers long walks and an occasional run up the driveway to get his treat after his good walk! His name is Fred and he's a 5 year old beagle :) LOVE him so much!

Your dog is beautiful!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Right now I am running on a treadmill, but am hoping to move to outdoors soon. My companion will be one of my Golden Retrievers. His name is Danny and he is my buddy. Wherever I am, he is.

Here he is before a hike up at the lake (hunting season).

IMG_5852.jpg
  • checognadoit
    Options
    I have a companion, but he doesn't run :) He prefers long walks and an occasional run up the driveway to get his treat after his good walk! His name is Fred and he's a 5 year old beagle :) LOVE him so much!

Your dog is beautiful!

Thank you
  • checognadoit
    Options
    Right now I am running on a treadmill, but am hoping to move to outdoors soon. My companion will be one of my Golden Retrievers. His name is Danny and he is my buddy. Wherever I am, he is.

IMG_5852.jpg

How old is your dog?
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my son in law is from France, he and my daughter are currently living with us. He goes to the ymca with me
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I run with a 34 year old blonde.:happy:
  • checognadoit
    Options
    I run with a 34 year old blonde.:happy:

Way to go!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i'm currently running by myself....don't feel like i could keep up with any of the real runners i know and no one i know is looking to start either.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill it's Phineas and Ferb. Which I've been watching the entire series streamed via Netflix for awhile now.

On the trail it's Nathan, my hydration belt. (it's the brand name, I swear I didn't really name my hydration belt)

I much prefer to run alone so I never have to worry about stopping, starting, slowing, etc to someone else's needs/pace. Though, if I had a dog, I'd definitely enjoy taking it for walks on the same trail I run on. There are tons of dogs being walked there all the time and a dog park around the 4mile mark from where I start. It's always fun to see all the dogs while I'm out. :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My ipod shuffle :smile:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awww! My parents have a chocolate lab that I named Hershey! She's dumb as a stump but a sweetie.

100_2558.JPG
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My hubby. Finally after several years of watching me run marathons I got his butt off the couch to run one.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I run with my daughters ipod and Carli from runningintoshape.com. I like her music so follow her podcasts for C25K :) The kids can't keep up and I think I would slow someone else down.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I run with my 2 year old Dark Chocolate (Almost black) Lab, Buddy. He is my best buddy and my fierce protection.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Rene Dif.. Ok, not really, but his is my favourite music to run to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I would love to run with my dog, but at 14 (almost 15) years old he is not moving that well. Usually a single round the block walk is all he is able to do. Last time I took him for a longer walk (about 1.5 miles), he stopped moving. Literally, just stopped and laid down. I had to carry him the rest of the way home.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I run with my boxer, Tabatha (in my avatar) and a work buddy Marie. Tabatha is the energizer bunny. We ran 10 miles on Sunday, and when we got back and I could barely walk, she could have totally gone and done it again. :laugh:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I run by myself and actually enjoy the solitude.

For a while my son was running with me but teenage boys don't make reliable running partners when it involves getting out of bed early - I have to give him credit, though, for boosting my confidence. It when I was running with him I did my first ever sub 30 min 5k.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

IMG_5852.jpg

How old is your dog?

I missed this yesterday. He turned 5 in October. He started going gray at 4.

When he came to me as a foster, he was 5 months old and in congestive heart failure due to two congenital heart defects. The vet school corrected the one defect which then eased the pressure of the other heart defect. He is considered as good as if he never had an issue.
  • rjbalcer
    rjbalcer Posts: 57
    Options
    I run with KID ROCK!!!! I'm not even a big fan but he keeps me going!