Broken embarrassing stuff!!!

Options
Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me!! Our toilet seat keeps coming off its hinges and breaking aaarrggg I know it must be me because at 257 lbs I'm the heaviest at home eeekkk !!! Has anyone else broken stuff because of their weight or size or is it just me lol!!!

Replies

• Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    There is a toilet seat in my guest bathroom with a broken hinge. I ain't sayin how it got broken, but I will say that at 0200 hours it's shockingly easy for the whole thing to abruptly go sideways and almost dump you on the floor. Usually what happens is you come into contact with cold porcelain and wake completely up.

My sofa's backbone broke the first time one of my guests sat in it. I've never told him, and at this point the seat has a huge divet in it and I keep gravitating into the middle when I sit on it.
  • nightscare0
    Options
    They need to make sturdier toilet seats . . . . I'm just saying. And while they're at it, if they could make a stability ball that doesn't sink like a beanbag chair when I get on, that would be greeeeaaat! :grumble:
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    OMG.. did I ever. First I broke the new bed we got. Then I broke a chair at my nieces wedding. Enough was enough. I went and lost weight. :sad:
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    ~roflmao~ I've broken toilet seats, shoes (sandals and heels) split my pants, busted my bra straps....OH PULEEZEEEE

just sayin' ....

gigglessssssssss
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    :sad: Imma FAT WOMAN IN A THIN MAN'S WORLD!!!!!!! :sad:
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    And this message goes out to everybody typing the word "BUMP" ....don't I bump into enough stuff for y'all....huh???

:noway:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    my dad broke my one of my fiance's mom's antique dinner chairs one year at christmas dinner… she was not happy -_-
  • Pir8Rav
    Pir8Rav Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They need to make sturdier toilet seats . . . . I'm just saying. And while they're at it, if they could make a stability ball that doesn't sink like a beanbag chair when I get on, that would be greeeeaaat! :grumble:

Brilliant idea - bean bag toilets.........comfy ergonomic........wow...thats a $5 idea right there.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    :sad: Imma FAT WOMAN IN A THIN MAN'S WORLD!!!!!!! :sad:

I would wear this on a shirt, except well, that would be embarrassing:laugh: too me.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options

Totally agree! Watch out for outdoor resin chairs, too. If they've been left out in the weather for too long they get brittle. :bigsmile:
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    hey we'll get the tee shirt and sleep in it till we get our weight off and then wear it out of the house... :laugh:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've broken the hinges on a few toilet seats. I also broke a toilet entirely one time because I leaned to grab some extra tissue from under the sink and knocked the whole sha-bang loose from the floor. I was about 10 years old and mooorrrtttiiiffied! I've broken seatbels in cars - pulled it too far to reach around me and it would never roll back into the door panel. I've broken zippers on a million things - pants, jackets, zippy sweaters. I broke my chair at work when I first started here a little over a year ago. The piston thingie that goes up and down to adjust the seat, it kept jamming farther and farther down toward the ground each time I flopped my big booty into my chair instead of just sitting. It got so bad that the screw on the bottom of it was scratching the tile on the floor and they had to get me a new chair. This chair remains unbroken!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    our toilet seats are always breaking, but on this one I know it's not my fat bum - more the kids wriggly ones! They sit onit sideways and wrigle until the hinges just canna take it any more!
    we're always replacing them:(
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    My rocking chair must've taken a beating...had to replace that recently, with a more sturdy, non-moving chair. I have ripped a pair of jeans....bent over to pick up my parents new puppy, and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP, big ol' hole in the @ss. That was fun.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    lol!!!! at a wedding ...i wasnt the heaviest there but it was pretty bad......but they had these flimsy cheapy seats and mine kept rocking so then when i sat on it it leg bent and i fell on my butt .....the chair leg was all bent up and all i cound do is sit there and say "Ta Daaaa!!!" lol I can only laugh at myself because besides that the DJ called me out. Oh well that is life
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    Lol!,, Aaaaw what funny stories thanks for all the replies it's very reassuring that it's not just me ha ha! Good idea I'm now going to blame the kids for their wriggly bums instead lol!!
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    yeh, never be embarrassed to admit REAL LIFE...everybody puts their pants on one leg at a time. And I'm almost positive that aliens are fatter than us.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    yeah, its happened to me... and if you don't replace the toilet seat and use it cracked it will pinch your .. bits :).

one day at dinner my husband was sitting on a chair and it just cracked in half :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Those plastic lawn chairs. Two of them. Now I don't trust them.
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    plastic lawchairs, a trampoline when i was younger, and constat toilet seats