just started today and already 484 over my calorie intake

tabbycat10
tabbycat10 Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:frown: I put in my breakfast and lunch for the day and how much i wanted to lose and without even eating dinner yet i am already over 484 calories, guess i will be doing alot of exercise. does anyone know what exercises burn the most calories?

Replies

• fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    A great and fun exercise to do is dancing. Dancing for an hour burns somewhere around 500-700 calories. Running or spinning (biking) is also a very fast calorie burner. If you are not used to exercising, I might take walking breaks and marching in place to take a break. Time those too and you can count it. Like dance for 15 minutes walk for five or you get the picture. Have fun!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Dont worry its your first day! My first day i went over too, then i realized i needed to make better choices. I like to enter foods I would like to eat before i eat them to see what it will do to my goals. Its been a big help to think before i eat!
  • blindrn
    blindrn Posts: 12
    It took me about 3 weeks with recording my diet before I could consistently keep my calories where they should be. I think by going gradually, it has allowed me to do it much more successfully. I feel full each day and didn't really feel like I went "cold turkey" on anything. Good luck.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    probably heavy cardio (running, dancing, etc) would burn the most

This is just your first day.
    This is a good time to take a look at what you ate today and decide what to eliminate from your diet.

The other thing to do is start thinking about what you're going to eat tomorrow and log it in ahead of time so you don't have this surprise tomorrow.

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps learning how to organize your eating and exercise
    Be open minded to new ideas

drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a lifestyle.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Great learning experience isn't it! I was stunned how many calories I actally was consuming when I started. It really takes some juggling and playing in the food data base to learn what you can and can't eat in a day. If you are just starting I suggest a brisk walk you may not burn off all the cals you are over but it will get your blood pumping. You don't want to start with something that's going to discourage you from working out.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
This discussion has been closed.